10 Speed XT vs SLX

Status
Not open for further replies.

serviceguy

So the 1x10 XT upgrade from the 3x8 ACERA was not well received by my better half because the shifter lever ‘hurts her thumb’. I never even realized that but I checked the ACERA and it is actually easier to shift. Does this depend on the shifter or the actual read derailleur as I thing? Would the the SLX shifter restore the ‘silky smooth’ feel of the ACERA?
0FC5915C-B4E0-4A3C-A4F1-CF59B57B46D3.gif

serviceguy

It's the Clutch in the RD. Turn it off and the shifter will feel significantly lighter.

Thanks a bunch. That should work, she not drifting too much into the wilderness anyway so chain slap should not be an issue, I wondered many times why she wanted a mountain bike in the first place. But then again I bought a fat bike and never rode in the sand or snow, so I guess it runs in the family.

RobW

Thanks a bunch. That should work, she not drifting too much into the wilderness anyway so chain slap should not be an issue, I wondered many times why she wanted a mountain bike in the first place. But then again I bought a fat bike and never rode in the sand or snow, so I guess it runs in the family.
married your cousin? o_O

serviceguy

It's like chilling on the river bank and watch the dead bodies floating by...mildly disturbing but at the end of the day...meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom