1/10-11 Field Reports????

BiknBen

The weather looks strange this weekend. Snow falling late Saturday into Sunday. Since everyone is itching to ride, let's help each other out. If you are near a MTB destination, come back here and let us know what you see out the window. You don't have to be out on the actual trails. Just look outside and give us a heads up. Rain? Snow? Accumulation?

Tell us where you are and how much snow you got.

BiknBen

We have a dusting in the Trenton area already (8:30am Sat.). This would include Mercer county Park, Clayton, and 6-Mile.

If you are not riding you should kick yourself hard in the junk. I'm stuck on Daddy Duty today and will be kicking myself continuously until my wife returns. :eek:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
im in Bridgewater and we have a dusting. from what I undestand the snow is all going to be up north. We wont get much more than an inch

Stocky

It's not doing anything here in Morris County right now, but we're expecting minimum 4"-6".

I'd like to ride Chimney Rock tomorrow and see the sites that I missed on last weeks first quicky ride there.

fingers crossed.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Nothing in West Milford, yet. Expecting a metric sh1ton (that's a KenS-ism, seems appropriate here) by tonight. Break out the snowshoes and skis highlanders!

Leaving for a ride now before the trails git buried.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you are not riding you should kick yourself hard in the junk. I'm stuck on Daddy Duty today and will be kicking myself continuously until my wife returns. :eek:

You mean Mob Wars duty?

Central Jersey between CR and LM - maybe 10 flakes have fallen ber square inch of ground surface. I'm sure conditions are great right now. I'm on-call aka Work Mob Wars duty.

RyanW

Can anyone help me out with a report on kittatiny? I was hoping to head up that way but i'm concerned it got a good ice coating in the last storm.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Been snowing for about an hour here in denville.Ground is just getting covered.With all the ice at the tourne on thurs.,which made for a not so great ride,I've charged my lights and am planning for an after dark street ride.

Stocky

Been snowing for about an hour here in denville.Ground is just getting covered.With all the ice at the tourne on thurs.,which made for a not so great ride,I've charged my lights and am planning for an after dark street ride.

Confirming light snow in Rockaway/ Denville for about an hour now. Just starting to stick.

BiknBen

I've charged my lights and am planning for an after dark street ride.

I highly recommend this. Sometimes getting to the trails is a pain and you don't know what to expect.

Wait till all the cars are off the roads and just ride out of your garage. With snow on the ground, it's as good as a MTB ride. It's also fun to see the jaws of your neighbors drop as you ride by with the lights and stuff. Very funny! :rofl:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
i rode high rocks this morning (north of new hope, pa) and there was a light dusting and all the trails were frozen except for a few wet spots.

With the forecast this coming week, the trails are going to be fast everywhere, highs in the 20's late next week will lead to rock hard trails!

be careful, snow hides ice, so watch out in typically wet areas. I came across quite a few slick spots this morning and ate shit on one of them...

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
deer park

light dusting= just got back from a ride there, complete sheet of ice on every trail not worth unless you got some sort of studded tires. It was quite an adventure my dog had a hard time staying let alone myself.....

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Just back from Ringwood. COMPLETE SHEET OF ICE!!! Was challenging with studs. Slip and slide go boom. So regardless of Ben's kick himself for not riding theory, I kicked myself for riding as well. :cry:

It started snowing around 11:00, but was barely sticking. I drove out of the snow on the way home. In HoHokus now it is lightly snowing. For an update later see not sober or winter sports threads.

Stocky

Time to hunker down in Rockaway, it's here and it's coming down. Steady snowfall for about 30 min now. Main roads are starting to get covered and side roads are slick.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Just came back from Chimney Rock and there's a light dusting on all the trails, but the snowfall was starting to pick up as we were leaving. Just enough white stuff that you couldn't see the ice under the snow. Big time ruts too. :mad:

No kicking.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just got back from ride at Lewis Morris. Pulled into lot and met 2 MTB's packing it in, one guy went down hard on the ice and cracked his helmet and cut his leg up. So needless to say I approached trails cautiously. Trails are covered in clear ice from wed. rains with a light covering of snow.
Found myself implementing the tripod turn, kick and go technique as well as the hike a bike. All in all I felt good just to finish the ride without going down, but would not recomend riding here unless you have studs or snow covers the ice to provide traction. About .50" of snow as of 1:30.

t.wach

Just got back from the top of skyline drive. the single track up there is fine but the fireroads and the road around the lake is a complete sheet of ice. I guess you would be fine with studded tires

It was an awesome ride though in the snow! I started at the top and took the yellow trail down to the lake. I mostly walked around the lake becuase of the ice but then took the Cannonball trail to the bridge over 287, then turned around and came back up :)

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just got back from ride at Lewis Morris. Pulled into lot and met 2 MTB's packing it in, one guy went down hard on the ice and cracked his helmet and cut his leg up. So needless to say I approached trails cautiously. Trails are covered in clear ice from wed. rains with a light covering of snow.
Found myself implementing the tripod turn, kick and go technique as well as the hike a bike. All in all I felt good just to finish the ride without going down, but would not recomend riding here unless you have studs or snow covers the ice to provide traction. About .50" of snow as of 1:30.

that's what i thought i was going to run into this am. i didn't get a chance to put the nokians on yesterday but considering the forecast for the next week (at least) the studs are going to be a must. thanks for the update iggy.

oh, been snowing here since about 10:00. the heavy stuff started around one. as of now, 'bout an inch on the ground.

Top Bottom