1/10-11 Field Reports????

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My driveway is covered and the road is too. I practiced track stands on my old POS SS while my daughter played in the snow.

Lemonade baby!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Allaire was purrrrrrfect! a dusting in some areas, but after all the traffic it was gone. I only hit snow on the way back home and hasn't stopped since.
We didn't run down any hikers, just FYI :p

mcim29

Man went to Lewis Morris this afternoon fell about 4-5 times. It was like a giant sheet of ice, I tried to get a quick ride in but after a few falls had to turn back.
[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 0110091427.jpg
    0110091427.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 0110091428a.jpg
    0110091428a.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 120

lmckee

If anyone was planning on White Clay, Iron Hill, or Fair Hill (which I highly doubt), I suggest not wasting the gas. Aside from a little bit of slush everything is just soaked. It doesn't really matter to me anyway, I left my clipless shoes in NJ last week so I won't be riding anything until I make the trip back.:mad:

Stocky

So do we have a "snowline" to go by.

How far south do ya need to go tomorrow to not hit snow ?

Morris County has 3-5 inches approx.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
in lawrenceville, we really only have a dusting right now, i think south of here actually got more snow...

woody

Sunday 1/22 8:00AM 27degreesF
I live a couple miles from Chimney Rock. About 2 inches of snow on the ground with a thin ice crust. My yard is perfectly rideable (but I can only get in a 45-second loop there :rofl:) so I'm gonna head over to CR shortly. I think conditions should be good all morning, but will turn to mush around noon as the skies clear up and things warm up a bit (So please stay off the trails after noon - they've gotten hammered enough already! :getsome:)

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
just came back from chimney rock - its a tough go, but winter riding. a little work to ride in the crusty icy snow stuff. good fun.

secondspeed02

Tourne' snow storm -mtbnj jersey

Yesterday(friday night) while plowing out the tourne I bumped into a mtbnj jersey w/ singlespeed in hand *awesome* I'm so careful while driving MCPC 8ft plow w/ dumped truck..
Lucky 3 people, well after sunset made it out of park with no lights... It had me worried first and two county police men the same..

woody

CR was real nice this AM.
Smooth and fun and pretty and a heck of a workout.
Was inspired take a pic:

Attachments

• 29er Shadow on Marshmallow.jpg
    29er Shadow on Marshmallow.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 146

xc62701

I went out to do a little exploring myself today on the rigid SS with studs. I needed to do 3+ hours and keep my heart rate fairly low so I decided to see how Patriots path was from Parsippany to Lewis Morris. It was a great ride. There was about 1.5 to 2" of snow with a light crust on top that was easily rideable and just plain LOUD. It was so crunchy it was a little amusing.

As part of my workout I needed to do Muscle Tensioning Intervals and that was easy - most of the path was exactly that. Just sitting - turning the cranks slow through the snow was perfect. I did eventually get over to LM and I verified what others have said about it. There is a nasty layer of ice under it all. I was ok with my studs and it would have been rideable but sketchy - even with studs. I opted to make a uturn and head back to keep my HR low and complete my workout. It really was a peaceful day. Saw a few other hikers and dog walkers out but not much action.

If any of you are looking for a decent ride go hit up the Patriot's Path. It'll be a pretty decent ride. With the conditions it really turns that otherwise dreadfully boring path into some fun.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7435574 <---- Wohoo! Lookey what I just got!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
3 hours at Allaire yesterday. Conditions were perfect. Trail was a little soupy down by the river.

-Jim.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Cunningham Park in Queens was great last night. Very thin crust of snow easy to ride through. Full moon, too, so I did half a lap with the lights off. Moonlight on snow = awesome.

Top Bottom