6 Mile Run Conditions

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Is there trail access from that spot or will I have to walk on someone's property? If so should I ring the bell 1st just to let them know what I am doing/

There is "access" - it is to the right of the driveway. I haven't figured out if someone lives there,
or the park owns the property. I've been down there 10+ times w/o a problem. there is parking on cul-de-sac.
The park workers bring equipment down, so there is precedent.
I figure picking up the garbage is good karma anyway.

if you could throw the removed debris in the woods downstream, that would help. It will get caught about 1/4 mile down
and back-up after enough build-up (a tree fell across the stream during sandy, and it is a nightmare to clear)

if you park on south middlebush, it is a bit of a walk, but there is a straight shot to skip the forest.
Coordinating with @jdog might get you through the gate and down to the boardwalk - but it doesn't save
any steps....

grampaaah2

There is "access" - it is to the right of the driveway. I haven't figured out if someone lives there,
or the park owns the property. I've been down there 10+ times w/o a problem. there is parking on cul-de-sac.
The park workers bring equipment down, so there is precedent.
I figure picking up the garbage is good karma anyway.

if you could throw the removed debris in the woods downstream, that would help. It will get caught about 1/4 mile down
and back-up after enough build-up (a tree fell across the stream during sandy, and it is a nightmare to clear)

if you park on south middlebush, it is a bit of a walk, but there is a straight shot to skip the forest.
Coordinating with @jdog might get you through the gate and down to the boardwalk - but it doesn't save
any steps....

Thanks for the info, I'll let you know how it goes

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I am thinking about trying to do a TM session if anyone is interested in helping in the next day or so, ,ostlikely in the 7 or 8am.

The concrete bridge keeps getting the tubes that go underneath it clogged with debris and I was thinking about bring some tools and trying to clear them out so that we dont get spill over during the next big rain

Anyone down? I figure it should only take 30 minutes or so with 2+ people with some stone rakes, maybe a saw and crowbar

Also does anyone know where I could park that would be close to the stone bridge? I am probably going to be walking to it.

View attachment 98818
View attachment 98821
If you have a 4wd and don’t care about your paint you can get super close. Otherwise I’d walk in.

Deamon59

Conditions are great! Noticed a broken plank on the boardwalk near the concrete bridge.
577918F3-2AFC-404E-9807-1B5251F77A6A.jpeg
7666E3B7-56C7-4274-8EB0-B239D1FCAE13.jpeg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
giphy.gif

It is common knowledge that 6 mile is fast AF right now. A single 6" wide puddle in the entire place. Dusty in spots but not so much that you dont have traction. Proper 6 mile tan this morning and the place to myself.
41D8A95C-3F6C-4318-84F8-B9C8225D747E.jpeg

Last edited:

Grampaaah

Going to try and clear the drainage under concrete bridge in the morning, if anyone wants to join i m thinking of heading there around 8 am. I should have a couple of extra tools with me if anyone needs.
If there is time might try and fix some of the broken boards on the boardwalk right next to it, I think I saw some spare plank pieces on the end of it away from the concrete bridge

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Going to try and clear the drainage under concrete bridge in the morning, if anyone wants to join i m thinking of heading there around 8 am. I should have a couple of extra tools with me if anyone needs.
If there is time might try and fix some of the broken boards on the boardwalk right next to it, I think I saw some spare plank pieces on the end of it away from the concrete bridge

be careful (sorry, again) - going to be rocking with the rain - a slip would be bad.
please don't go alone. i'd come down, but i'm heading out for a couple days.

ekuhn

Was pretty primo yesterday, with the same ole wet spots. No T Storms yesterday, but ground was wet from rain this morning, but not under my truck. So depending on how long/heavy it rains today, tomorrow may be good. Supposed to be close to 90 all week.

Tree down on Red before canal, as previously noted. Also Tree down on top of hill before Steel bridge.

PS Thanks to those guys @grampaaah2 who cleared the concrete bridge of debris. Looked to be flowing great and the far side by the house was almost dry. The concrete was still wet, so maybe I just missed you guys.

Also - someone has been filling in some of the wet spots on blue. Thank you too!

grampaaah2

Fidodie and Jdog, thanks for the headup on parking and general advice. was able to clear out 3 large branches/ logs and a ton of muck. Got 2 tubes flowing really well, and when i came back later in the day there was very little water flowing around the bridge. Going to try again when it cools off a bit or when I can get some help,

replaced a board that was cracked and would have trimmed it but my sawzall took a bath when trimming the large tree that was down in the stream. Also didnt think to bring a trash bag but will definitly add it to the TM bag.

Lastly is there replacement wood for the metal bridge? I would be glad to do the work, if there isn't any pressure treated lumber maybe we can start a doantion type thing?
Is it cool to park at the middlebush crossing? I was thinking about stopping after work to take some measurements for the broken boards and grab a sample screw from the metal bridge to find some extras

Attachments

• 20190707_104811.jpg
    20190707_104811.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 228
  • 20190707_095609.jpg
    20190707_095609.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 236
  • 20190707_095628.jpg
    20190707_095628.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 228
  • 20190707_104200.jpg
    20190707_104200.jpg