“The Rules”. A point or counterpoint

rick81721

Lothar
https://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/the-rules-the-book-the-velominati.38087/

Lets keep this going:

Rule #7 // Tan lines should be cultivated and kept razor sharp.Under no circumstances should one be rolling up their sleeves or shorts in an effort to somehow diminish one’s tan lines. Sleeveless jerseys are under no circumstances to be employed.

I am totally on board with this one. One of the benefits of the longer sleeves on road jerseys is that they match long sleeves of t-shirts. I am fairly proud of hanging at the local pool with white-ass body and crisp tan lines. However, I am a potato so my level of tan-ness isn't great.

The only acceptable sleevesless shirt is if you can pull off this:
61KHLCYS3EL._UX569_.jpg

No such things as crisp tan lines riding in FL - get some tan right thru the jersey. Plus I use tons of sunscreen- always

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
https://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/the-rules-the-book-the-velominati.38087/

Lets keep this going:

Rule #7 // Tan lines should be cultivated and kept razor sharp.Under no circumstances should one be rolling up their sleeves or shorts in an effort to somehow diminish one’s tan lines. Sleeveless jerseys are under no circumstances to be employed.

I am totally on board with this one. One of the benefits of the longer sleeves on road jerseys is that they match long sleeves of t-shirts. I am fairly proud of hanging at the local pool with white-ass body and crisp tan lines. However, I am a potato so my level of tan-ness isn't great.

The only acceptable sleevesless shirt is if you can pull off this:
61KHLCYS3EL._UX569_.jpg
its all about wearing the shorter sleeve jerseys and shorter bibs lengths solo, and then in the group you wear the right fitting ones
my-dude-got-them-neapolitan-ice-cream-tan-lines-bro-1779607.png

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Rule #8 // Saddles, bars, and tires shall be carefully matched.
Valid options are:
Match the saddle to the bars and the tires to black; or

Match the bars to the color of the frame at the top of the head tube and the saddle to the color of the frame at the top of the seat tube and the tires to the color where they come closest to the frame; or

Match the saddle and the bars to the frame decals; or

Black, black, black

This one is Pointless to talk about here because they go out of there way to not match in any aspect. The only thing to note (although the trend is mostly done) is that colored hoods are the dumbest thing ever.
FNN_SRAM_Spread2__12325.1447190230.500.750.jpg

one piece crank

Full circle to "no shirt, no shoes, NO DICE". Re-think your riding clothes. Some of my funnest rides were impromptu, after mowing, wearing a BMX t-shirt and cargo shorts...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Rule #8 // Saddles, bars, and tires shall be carefully matched.
Valid options are:
Match the saddle to the bars and the tires to black; or

Match the bars to the color of the frame at the top of the head tube and the saddle to the color of the frame at the top of the seat tube and the tires to the color where they come closest to the frame; or

Match the saddle and the bars to the frame decals; or

Black, black, black

This one is Pointless to talk about here because they go out of there way to not match in any aspect. The only thing to note (although the trend is mostly done) is that colored hoods are the dumbest thing ever.
FNN_SRAM_Spread2__12325.1447190230.500.750.jpg

:D

@StayHydrated

Sorry @walter

---

White hoods are the dumbest thing ever.......and grips.
The der hanger was red in this pic also.....why they skipped the seat clamp is beyond me.

1563983264020.png

don't forget nipples, hubs, rotor bolts......matchy matchy!

StayHydrated

Swedish Chef
@Patrick @stb222 @walter

Actually switched to a black/white/grey/red speckle on the bar tape to match the red hoods.

I think the red hoods bring me the most joy out of any part on any bike I own, and I'm the only person that matters in that case so whatever. I've always loved the level of matchy matchy on this bike; it feels so right.

Would also opt for blue hoods on the Rabobank Team Edition of this bike.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
@Patrick @stb222 @walter

Actually switched to a black/white/grey/red speckle on the bar tape to match the red hoods.

I think the red hoods bring me the most joy out of any part on any bike I own, and I'm the only person that matters in that case so whatever. I've always loved the level of matchy matchy on this bike; it feels so right.

Would also opt for blue hoods on the Rabobank Team Edition of this bike.
Seriously, what is up with the bar angle? The bar are stilted really high but the hood are level with ground. Has to handle funny...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
RULE #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.Fair-weather riding is a luxury reserved for Sunday afternoons and wide boulevards. Those who ride in foul weather – be it cold, wet, or inordinately hot – are members of a special club of riders who, on the morning of a big ride, pull back the curtain to check the weather and, upon seeing rain falling from the skies, allow a wry smile to spread across their face. This is a rider who loves the work.

Obviously this one is spot f-ing on.

Top Bottom