“SOLD”!!! - PRICE REMOVED! FREE Baby Grand Piano!!!

robmaurizi

The time has come that we need to part with our piano. For those interested, here are some specifics & photos.

For your consideration: 1930’s Sterling baby grand piano. Approximately 4’6″ wide by 4’9″ long. Perfect for a smaller home, and ideal for a family with piano students.

The action was rebuilt in 1995 by Lindeblad Piano Restoration. We purchased the piano from the original owner in June, 2019 and since that time has undergone regular tunings & maintenance.

Asking $1,200 but all reasonable offers would be considered.

DE1B19E5-09EB-4E58-A552-9FF7145B6338.jpeg3DC4823B-92E1-45AB-8F78-EC3403FB3268.jpegAE9FB9F9-5FCB-4877-9606-616300ACDB60.jpeg52250341-8A7A-4EEB-91B9-6F1804CE7086.jpeg

Karate Monkey

Just going to bump this and say:

If the outside of the piano is that clean/blemish free, the insides are likely also. I can't speak for the action, but if it is professionally rebuilt, it is going to work better than any 'inexpensive' new grand piano.

For the learner, there is no substitute for a proper grand action, as it works fundamentally different from an upright; notes can be repeated faster, with less fatigue, than on an upright. The una corda/soft pedal pedal function is entirely different from an upright, and allows for an actual color shift WITHOUT changing how the action feels/plays. The Sostenuto pedal, if present (OP can speak to this) is quasi-fakeable with high level technique, but is irreplaceable in several pieces of repertoire.

@robmaurizi PM me your location/contact info, and I'll pass it along to my personal network of teachers. (btw, string shots with the lid removed--or at least at full stick--are a normal part of professional listings)

robmaurizi

The time has come that we need to part with our piano. For those interested, here are some specifics & photos.

For your consideration: 1930’s Sterling baby grand piano. Approximately 4’6″ wide by 4’9″ long. Perfect for a smaller home, and ideal for a family with piano students.

The action was rebuilt in 1995 by Lindeblad Piano Restoration. We purchased the piano from the original owner in June, 2019 and since that time has undergone regular tunings & maintenance.

Asking $1,200 but all reasonable offers would be considered.

View attachment 139156View attachment 139157View attachment 139158View attachment 139159
I had a request for some more pix, so here you go...

CA52E48D-0FED-42A2-B882-437644A2A5FA.jpegA81F9B90-69D2-459B-863B-585542D6FF35.jpeg8A6B6C4A-2899-4A7C-B0F2-AD53D835F38A.jpegD2DD83AC-832A-43DD-A92D-A8112E113C4B.jpeg

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I'm reaching out to some people I know in NJ that may be interested, can you pm me your location and phone number?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Damn this is awesome. Good luck with giving away something awesome.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
My moms just had baby grand that she played when she was a child moved from MD to NC, it was like $2k just to move it!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I’m looking into this... if I find an economical way to move it I’m in.

automobile cherry picker and home depot rental truck.
turning it sideways to get it out the door could be fun!

Karate Monkey

automobile cherry picker and home depot rental truck.
turning it sideways to get it out the door could be fun!
Wrap the piano/sides in a moving blanket, and secure the top/fallboard. (Two straps, criss cross, minimum. Flip on side, remove legs (usually cams, sometimes screws.). Place on minimum one large dolly, and have some ramps handy.

Two strong people who know what they're doing, or 3-4 others.

Professional movers usually $2-400, and entirely worth it.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know very little about pianos. But as a cheap bastard I'd 100% hire piano movers for this.

You move a piano yourself when you put it in your house to impress people with it, but yet you don't know how to play.

Mahnken

If no one has claimed this yet, I'll take it! Wife always wanted one and my kids are going to be getting lessons soon

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I know very little about pianos. But as a cheap bastard I'd 100% hire piano movers for this.

You move a piano yourself when you put it in your house to impress people with it, but yet you don't know how to play.
wanted to say this but didnt wanna be a snob lol

Karate Monkey

Kid I went to school with was standing next to a piano. The facilities guy who moved it didn't lock the cams into place properly. He leaned against the piano, it dropped and crushed his foot.

He didn't pay for his tuition. We didn't attend an inexpensive school.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Damn, just asked a friend about this before re reading whole thread and he wants it. If @Mahnken doesn't take it for any reason Please contact me.

Top Bottom