Ringwood State Park Conditions

onetracker

Lot C is open but has been crowded during the day. They have been closing during the weekends when Lot A and B are crowded; usually by 11am according to the RSP Facebook page. Best to ride early or after 5pm or park at the School. I have been parking at the School or Eagle Lake and riding in.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you do check out the newer sections at 6 bridges and DoubleS.
We checked them out already, really solid stuff.
I'm heading over to Sterling from Ringwood, I'll probably park in lot A or the Lake and take new white over. Looks like I have to take Morris Rd in.

serviceguy

We checked them out already, really solid stuff.
I'm heading over to Sterling from Ringwood, I'll probably park in lot A or the Lake and take new white over. Looks like I have to take Morris Rd in.
Yes. Last time I headed that way the park was controlling access to lot A. You may want to get there early or add about 3 miles and park at Ryerson, getting to lot A from there is just an easy warm up. I would stop by and say hi but I’m afraid I would get emotional...

and watch out for rattlers, they’re coming out of quarantine too. Along with the bears.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Dusty dry. And it rained a bit during my ride but it barely got through the canopy. Checked out the new work on the 6 Bridges area (though I've never ridden over there before so it was super new to me.) Really cool stuff. I will be back bc I think 6 Bridges would be more fun in the clockwise direction. Also, I think I only counted 5 bridges #fakenews! Glad I hit Catsnest in the right direction though.
20200628_142043.jpg

20200628_144721.jpg

Mr.Moto

Dusty dry. And it rained a bit during my ride but it barely got through the canopy. Checked out the new work on the 6 Bridges area (though I've never ridden over there before so it was super new to me.) Really cool stuff. I will be back bc I think 6 Bridges would be more fun in the clockwise direction. Also, I think I only counted 5 bridges #fakenews! Glad I hit Catsnest in the right direction though.
View attachment 132849
View attachment 132850
Six bridges is definitely a clockwise trail. It had fallen into a bit of disrepair over the last couple of years. They've done a great job cleaning it up and adding some neat features.

serviceguy

I did the opposite, rode 6 bridges clockwise and catnest the wrong way. Not the only wrong choice I made today. Still haven't work out the courage to do the big log at the beginning of 6 bridges nor that drop on catnest...

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
I did the opposite, rode 6 bridges clockwise and catnest the wrong way. Not the only wrong choice I made today. Still haven't work out the courage to do the big log at the beginning of 6 bridges nor that drop on catnest...
I skipped the big log ride since I was going the wrong direction for it. I'll ride it next time though. I hate skinnies but it looks wide and simple enough. The 3 drops/jumps in a row on Catsnest are sweet though!

serviceguy

I skipped the big log ride since I was going the wrong direction for it. I'll ride it next time though. I hate skinnies but it looks wide and simple enough. The 3 drops/jumps in a row on Catsnest are sweet though!
The log is indeed wide, but it's not entirely straight and the end is kind of sketchy. Not sure why but I get real nervous around skinnies and skinny bridges since crashing on one at the last MTBNJ.com group ride at Wildcat (I believe you left a few spokes there during that ride). Don't get me wrong, I still do them but I tend to be extra cautious and the drop on both sides of that log is enough to get hurt if you fall sideways. Yeah, not doable counterclockwise.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
The log is indeed wide, but it's not entirely straight and the end is kind of sketchy. Not sure why but I get real nervous around skinnies and skinny bridges since crashing on one at the last MTBNJ.com group ride at Wildcat (I believe you left a few spokes there during that ride). Don't get me wrong, I still do them but I tend to be extra cautious and the drop on both sides of that log is enough to get hurt if you fall sideways. Yeah, not doable counterclockwise.
A few spokes and a derailleur too. And don't say not doable, I bet there are a few who can.

serviceguy

Tomorrow afternoon, 4:00 p.m. at Ryerson parking lot or later on at the trail maintenance location (double S, 6 bridges) It’s Dirty Thursday at Ringwood State Park. Social Distancing and Face Mask as usual as well as gloves and bug spray, weather permitting obviously.

LND

*Cross-posting this here and in the Sterling Forest forum*

PSA for those who ride between Sterling and Ringwood: I Was asked today by the members of the Eagle Valley Volunteer Fire Dept. to get the word out that the short trail section that runs West of Eagle Valley Road, terminating at the parking lot of the Fire House (just before the intersection of Scott Mine Rd. and Eagle Valley Rd) is on private land. At minimum, the trail entrance accessed from the gravel firehouse parking lot is on private property owned by the Fire Dept. Not sure about who‘s property the duration of the trail goes on before it dumps out on Eagle Valley, just before Eagle Lake.

There’s a short section/network of paths there that looks like was burned in by locals with motos and quads, maybe a 1/2 mile or so total distance one way. A lot of people (myself included up until today) take this as an alternate to riding Eagle Valley Rd all the way to/from the turn before the golf course. if you skip it, you’re not missing much. The folks at the FD seems that they’d be pretty thankful if people stopped crossing through their property. Be safe.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
The loop around the pond by lot on Eagle Valley is NYS park property. Across the street starts as NY property and then may indeed become Fire dept property. Those trails are rogue on that side.

Once you cross Long Meadow Rd, it is cool to loop around pond on trails if you choose, But Eagle Valley Rd to South Gate Rd is the main connector. They are not busy roads.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Another hot midday ride here today. Still dry and dusty and needs rain. Did 6 Bridges the "correct" clockwise direction this time and yeah, way more fun. Log ride and rock drops were sweet. Kudos on the Thursday night work. Most impressed with how the old trail is completely hidden. You'd never know it was there.

serviceguy

RSP conditions will look a whole lot better after a vigorous session of TM on Dirty Thursday, Come and join the fun!

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions