Lewis Morris Conditions

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Dickerson Mine > Lewis Morris.
As with all trail systems, the most important factor for MTB access and overall trail conditions is the relationship with the land manager. Mine Hill Township is the land manager for DM, and from all appearances has a great relationship with JORBA and the trail builders. This shows in the quality of the trails (both for MTB and overall sustainability). Contrast with LM, where relationship with MCPC is not good, and quality of trails is not good and is overall declining (for both MTB and sustainability). Contrast again with Watchung Reservation, where relationship with Union County is adversarial (at best), and there is no legal MTB and trail conditions are overall abysmal.

This is why MTB (unlike every other trail user) has to put its best foot forward whenever possible for trail access and sustainability.
Well said.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Large tree down on yellow. Otherwise great conditions.

EDIT: well now it's raining soooooo ?‍♀️

IMG_20200627_103120.jpg

Screenshot_20200627-120526.png

Last edited:

NJ Gator

Did Mo-town get enough rain to make Lew Morris a “no-go” for tomorrow? I live ~5 minutes from 6- mile and although it needs the rain baaaad it should be pretty slick tomorrow...

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Did Mo-town get enough rain to make Lew Morris a “no-go” for tomorrow? I live ~5 minutes from 6- mile and although it needs the rain baaaad it should be pretty slick tomorrow...
I'm in Madison and it didn't rain at all until like 2:30. It rained hard for about 20 minutes, lightly before that, and sunny now at 4:45. If we don't get any more rain, there will be some puddles in the low-lying areas but other than that i think it should be fine. It's been so hot and dry the past 2ish weeks.

argyle

I'm going with zero puddles and still dry as a bone.
You were close. The same puddles are still in the same places and some of the trails were actually a little tacky with some slick roots just to keep you on your toes!

TPI_Elky

Rode this morning. Trails were good except for the usual mud puddles.

Is there anything the casual trail user can do to help those? put leaves in there or something?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions