4 Bike Hitch Rack

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
No anti-sway feature on the rack... at least none that I can see. It wouldn't matter much with the steel bikes but your carbon frame will get banged up pretty good as well as your wife's hybrid. Even if you bubble wrap the bikes they'll still be swinging around. Just my thoughts.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you mention carbon bike, i expect thats a pretty nice bike, you probably dont want it banging around on that with the rest of them, at least i know that i wouldnt.

id look tray style or roof racks neither option is cheap, i know :/

Wolfjon

I wouldn't buy other rack like that. I had the Thule version and it beat up my bikes. I moved over to a tray style and its 1000 times better. still not perfect but so much better.

1TrackMind

EDF2F6ED-7D44-454F-A277-162D531F0C4F.jpeg
if you have roof racks, I put these together for pretty cheap, first for a canoe and then added the fork holders, work well so far.
FF493C6F-C303-483B-B84A-2A4A650BF34D.jpeg

iman29

from personal experience I used to take the 3 kids crappy bikes and my bike attached to a hanging rack like that, and the biggest issue was how the bikes would all touch against each other just in the driveway, forget about Back then I didnt care much cause it was all walmart bikes and my old MTB is a beater.

Now with all three of them having decent Trek MTB, even tho alumimum I still wouldn't hang them together on any kind of rack that style. for you especially with your nice Carbon MTB dont take a chance. hope that helps.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If he's looking at a $99 rack I don't think he's cross shopping a $600 rack. Just my guess.
True but maybe rethink if I spent X on a bike wouldn't it make sense to save some cash to save X from catastrophic causality. Maybe I am being too logical. Walmart bike yes $99 rack. Bike you stare at dreaming of the next adventure no.

chuprinko

Bucknejo,
I have this, it's big, its heavy, and needs a little cleanup work. $50. Holds 1-4 ,bikes, when using two bikes the 3rd 4th section folds up. 2" hutch with anti sway bolt. The clamps can move to any location along frame to clamp just about any part of the bike.

Attachments

• 20200617_182453.jpg
    20200617_182453.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 20200617_182824.jpg
    20200617_182824.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 100

bucknejo

Bucknejo,
I have this, it's big, its heavy, and needs a little cleanup work. $50. Holds 1-4 ,bikes, when using two bikes the 3rd 4th section folds up. 2" hutch with anti sway bolt. The clamps can move to any location along frame to clamp just about any part of the bike.

where are you located? $50 deal may be hard to pass up

Top Bottom