What have you done to your bike today?

I have been using a drop of superglue at the end of my derailleur and dropper lever cables, if works just fine and allows you to run the cable into the housing multiple times if you need to. Now I have like a million cable end caps that I have no use for...

Found the noise in my rear wheel while on trail today. Pulled over and fixed it.
Dsc04492.jpg
Dsc04493.jpg

in today’s episode of “what will I find when I remove this?” I pulled my fork and ball bearings poured out of my headset like I spilled a box of nerds. It was awesome.

Do I hang the bike up and wait for new headset bearings to arrive in god knows when? No. I painstakingly pick up as many balls as possible, smash that bitch with a mallet a few times and get back out there. In all seriousness, my headset feels better now than it has in months (because my crown race was upside down and the whole stack came loose and got water in it...no idea why my bearing shit the bed hmmm ?).

in today’s episode of “what will I find when I remove this?” I pulled my fork and ball bearings poured out of my headset like I spilled a box of nerds. It was awesome.

Do I hang the bike up and wait for new headset bearings to arrive in god knows when? No. I painstakingly pick up as many balls as possible, smash that bitch with a mallet a few times and get back out there. In all seriousness, my headset feels better now than it has in months (because my crown race was upside down and the whole stack came loose and got water in it...no idea why my bearing shit the bed hmmm ?).

what size balls do you need to rebuild it/ i have boxes of loose ball bearings in my basement, if i have the size you need your welcome to em

Cool deal. Funny, I used to have a pile of those behind my shop, and had to pay people to take them ! Lol !

lol i think my wife (well wife now, gf at the time) bought it for me think it was like $15 or something like that. . . . now i just need a proper man cave to put it in!

lol i think my wife (well wife now, gf at the time) bought it for me think it was like $15 or something like that. . . . now i just need a proper man cave to put it in!

Kinda fun - i thought you put wheel tubs in the fun car!

Back
Top Bottom