This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Is this in the correct thread?

Actually commentary on the stupidity of social distancing enforcement - peaceful 1 hr church services with social distancing and masks? Nope, not allowed. Violent protests with zero social distancing and mostly (?) masks for hours on end (and in crowded cities where covid has highest prevalence) - sure, go right ahead.

I would say that NYC is the most densely populated city in the United States and the busiest hub (including EWR) in the world for international travel, which sent one of its stupidest residents to DC to govern the country, including the response to the pandemic.

and what does that have to do with 15,000 dead in nursing homes in NY and NJ? :rolleyes:

Actually commentary on the stupidity of social distancing enforcement - peaceful 1 hr church services with social distancing and masks? Nope, not allowed. Violent protests with zero social distancing and mostly (?) masks for hours on end (and in crowded cities where covid has highest prevalence) - sure, go right ahead.
Eh, church is a service, a business. And one of the places covid is proven to spread the easiest, with a big portion of members being seniors. And you can live stream services, and pray wherever you want to.
Protesting is a right, and I'm sure without it, those cops would still be free right now, possibly with their jobs in tact, and nothing would ever change.
I'm not condoning protesting during a pandemic, I sure as shit wouldn't be out there.

Not saying I agree or disagree with protesting during a pandemic but could be outside vs indoors? Idk

Oh, ok...because there was no such commentary like that in your post. So sure, go to church.

would you attribute this to innovative business owners finding ways to open,
or people finding new jobs in businesses that are open - where at-risk people have taken leave (they go in a different category-PUA)?

you left off the obvious, people starting to go back to their old jobs pre-covid

when we did that 20 day australia/nz cruise 3 years ago I think there were 6 children on board. Average age was probably 70!

I meant people in like you in good/excellent physical condition, 60+, limited/no comorbidity.
of course they would have their 30-Something spouse.....

I went to Melbourne in the middle of winter, and the temps didn't dip below 0C - although we did see snow flurries, which they said is a rarity.
Besides, vegemite fights C19

Back
Top Bottom