Things that make you frown :(

iman29

Complete internet service failure at home right in the middle of important project meetings.

been on hold with optimum for 30 minutes and counting. ?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i think my pedals are done asking nicely for new bearings (yes this appears to be repairable by simply replacing the bearings, although after over 10k miles on these pedals im not sure if ill even bother)
20200607_150051.jpg

fortunately

a) it happened in the back yard while i was just screwing around

b) courtesy of @Norm (thanks again!) i have a box of spares to swap on ?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i think my pedals are done asking nicely for new bearings (yes this appears to be repairable by simply replacing the bearings, although after over 10k miles on these pedals im not sure if ill even bother)
View attachment 131001

fortunately

a) it happened in the back yard while i was just screwing around

b) courtesy of @Norm (thanks again!) i have a box of spares to swap on ?
Yup happened to me a few times. Rebuild kits are ez as peasy. Everything comes in the kit.

JonF

"Microburst storms" ?

Had to Trade the Ibis for the Stihl this past week end.

Casualty list between my neighbor and I:
Countless black locust (good riddance)
Several red maples
One ancient majestic oak (this begs to be milled)
One cherry
One fat black gum/tupelo.
One garden fence.

Need a new ripping chain for the saw, that tupelo will make some nice trail feature lumber!

IMG_20200603_140016.jpg
IMG_20200603_141122.jpg
IMG_20200603_140210.jpg
IMG_20200603_140737.jpg

ekuhn

"Microburst storms" ?

Had to Trade the Ibis for the Stihl this past week end.

Casualty list between my neighbor and I:
Countless black locust (good riddance)
Several red maples
One ancient majestic oak (this begs to be milled)
One cherry
One fat black gum/tupelo.
One garden fence.

Need a new ripping chain for the saw, that tupelo will make some nice trail feature lumber!

View attachment 131083
View attachment 131085
View attachment 131087
View attachment 131089
Bummer. Atleast the one is right next to the wood pile. Hopefully there's no damage to the garden. Just missed whats under the tarp.

Good luck on the clean up

JonF

Bummer. Atleast the one is right next to the wood pile. Hopefully there's no damage to the garden. Just missed whats under the tarp.

Good luck on the clean up
luckily only the garden fence was clobbered. And as for the thing under the blue tarp, its my cheapo Horror Fright trailer. This is the second time its avoided certain death. this time last year another storm ripped through here and carefully laid down 2 black locust trees both just straddling the trailer, but never hit it. I recon the safest place in a storm around here statistically is under that blue tarp! ? ?

IMG_20190723_100909.jpg

Last edited:

iman29

stupid squirrels really bad this year raiding my planters and flower pots. wife will not be happy when she sees this mess this morning, and this is only a few of the 10 or so planters I have on the deck they all look like this right now.

Making me want to take my CO2 pellet gun out of hiding and stand watch in the morning cause it wasnt like this last night after i watered everything at 8:30PM.

found a few ideas online like cayenne pepper spray or something like adding sharp things to the pots like plastic knives. Guess later I will go to the dollar store and buy up all their inventory...grr..

1592394849482.png

1592394993084.png

iman29

Late yesterday around 6pm took the dog for a short walk In the local neighborhood with my son to be 18 year old middle son and we were having a nice chat about graduation coming up and his plans for college when all of a sudden we hear this horrendous crash sound. We turn Around just as this lifted dodge pickup is finishing up slamming into a telephone pole about 500 feet behind us. That corner is somewhat sharp but it’s an L shape with the only way to is right or left depending which way you’re walking.

we run back to the truck just as the very young looking female driver and the male passenger jump out and switch places !

now other people have come running from all over because the sound was loud. Female stays in passenger seat while older teenager male checks out the damage to his truck. Front right bumper and fender all folded into the wheel well.

he moves the truck back to the correct side of the street and when my son goes to ask if he’s ok turns out he Knows him.I was dialing local PD and next thing I know they drive off!

my son managed to snap a pic of the temp tags in the window and I called and reported it and we gave the PO all the info including the kids phone number which my son had.

totally mad the kid decided it was ok to leave but glad my son wanted to do the right thing and report it. I am glad that no one got hurt but that was disappointing to see them just leave.

2E50334C-EC82-4D7C-87B2-8CE21CFEAF38.jpeg

68nova200

Seeing more and more kids riding bikes without helmets... and riding on main roads in flipflops without helmets

• Sad
Reactions: don

iman29

And on cell phones too :(
walked the dog the other day, Lady was on her beach cruiser on the road in flip flops, no helmet, and holding her phone to her ear while riding her bike, while riding with her toddler daughter who was sitting in one of those top tube bike seats. At least the kid had a helmet on :(

68nova200

Oh that's sad news. I started listening to dha way back in the 70's. Here in Freehold I can still get the station when the weather is just right.
Was wondering why he was not on the last few times I tuned in.
he was the voice of most of my driving career...

Top Bottom