wanted m786(XT) rd and shifter(10speed)

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Looking to drop a gear and go back to 10 speed eventually and to prepare I'd like to start collecting bits. PM me what you're looking to get.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think I have some 10spd XT stuff. Should be able to check late tomorrow. I’m looking for a lot though.

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
If you're running SLX or XT 11 speed, keep the rear derailleur it works perfect with 10-speed11/42 or 11/46 cassettes. The new Deore M4100 has an 11/46 10-speed and should be available within the month although I have Sunrace 11/46 cassettes and their great. I'd also grab a Saint shifter unless you need the indicator of the M780.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
If you're running SLX or XT 11 speed, keep the rear derailleur it works perfect with 10-speed11/42 or 11/46 cassettes. The new Deore M4100 has an 11/46 10-speed and should be available within the month although I have Sunrace 11/46 cassettes and their great. I'd also grab a Saint shifter unless you need the indicator of the M780.

This is why I am only looking for a shifter and rd, I plan on getting a deore cassette. I just like the idea of xt over the saint shifter cuz matchy matchy, and my current slx kit will be on hand for an upcoming build.

Rocksrgood4u

I have a couple of xt 10 speed shifters. Theyre both i-spec B I believe. Are your brake levers i-spec compatible?

mtbiker87

I got a Zee shifter I'd part with. Have a bag of fixable Zee rear mechs to go with it. $25 and you can take the whole lot.

jdgang

46 10 speed? I had it on a 36 ten speed without any issues. There where two (2) different version, DH and FR. DH handled up to 28, FR handled up to 36

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
My experience is with a "goatlink" 42t is doable with an M786. I don't believe that you will like the performance on a 46T. You would be better off buying an 11-speed RDR which works just fine on 10-speed. I have one on the wife's fatty and a Sunrace 11/46 10 s-speed. The new Shimano M4100 also will have an 11/46 cassette and and 10/11 speed rear derailleur. They should be shipping toward the end of June from what I hear.

Last edited:

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
My experience is with a "goatlink" 42t is doable with an M786. I don't believe that you will like the performance on a 46T. You would be better off buying an 11-speed RDR which works just fine on 10-speed. I have one on the wide's fatty and a Sunrace 11/46 10 s-speed. The new Shimano M4100 also will have an 11/46 cassette and and 10/11 speed rear derailleur. They should be shipping toward the end of June from what I hear.

I have a feeling I'll go xt or xtr shifter and the new rd

mtbiker87

If you're going that far, just go 11spd and be done with it. I've been on both sides of this, and my experience has been, that if you have older parts and are trying to save a few bucks then sure...go with the whole janked together, goat link, rad cage, 10 spd mash up. But...if you have to buy any of it new, with the exception of the goat link, and big cassette, you're better off just doing all new 11spd. Both financially, and mechanically.

jdgang

I'm staying 1x I don't have your talents to do that with a 36 lol
Yes my ROS was 28t up front 11-36 out back with a zee shifter and zee DR. Worked great for years until i found a stick at allaire and sheared my cage into two pieces. But I agree with mtbiker87. I liked my 30 up front 11-42 back 11 speed much better.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
If you're going that far, just go 11spd and be done with it. I've been on both sides of this, and my experience has been, that if you have older parts and are trying to save a few bucks then sure...go with the whole janked together, goat link, rad cage, 10 spd mash up. But...if you have to buy any of it new, with the exception of the goat link, and big cassette, you're better off just doing all new 11spd. Both financially, and mechanically.

i am 11 speed now i will hold out for 4100 set since that rd can go 46 with no goat link

Top Bottom