This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
It sounds like you all (including stb222) had Norovirus. Most common food born illness in the world. It hits you like a freight train, you go from fine to puking and pissing out of your ass in an hour. Symptoms continue for 6-12hrs and then you're left weak (with low-bp) from dehydration, sipping Pedialyte and water for the next 2 days recovering. The virus itself makes Covid look like a 90lb wimp. It can survive in the environment for weeks, and the only thing that kills it is fire or bleach. You get it from dirty mother f'ers not washing their hands and touching your food. Incubation is 18-48hrs, so count back from there. With all of this take out these days, I'm surprised more people aren't getting it. Learn to cook and order out less if you want to minimize your chances of getting it. Out of the last 3 times I got it, 2 were from bad oysters and once was in Eastern Europe.
You went and had oyster again after the first experience? Brave man!

Captain Brainstorm

You went and had oyster again after the first experience? Brave man!

After many years, my relationship with oyster has come to a conclusion, unless they're deep fried Po-boy style. There are too many ways to get this, so taking out one of the variables just made sense.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
conflicting statements by the same guy - they could have done better. Every country can say the same thing.

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/scientist-defends-swedens-hotly-debated-virus-strategy

bottom line, they flattened the curve, deaths/day peaked 6 weeks ago and have declined since. the virus never exploded, health care system never got close to be overwhelmed.

And I thought deaths per capita would mean something. All good if health care system doesn't explode. My bad.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
And I thought deaths per capita would mean something. All good if health care system doesn't explode. My bad.

the Health Care Minister should have come out and said that this is what was expected and acceptable,
because that is what their policy predicted.

so new cases are level and deaths are declining, but they are approaching herd immunity.
They are manipulating the numbers to avoid citizen outrage.

thegock

Sure it means something. Deaths per capita for NY + NJ is 3 times that of Sweden. So what do you think of their job??

I would say that NYC is the most densely populated city in the United States and the busiest hub (including EWR) in the world for international travel, which sent one of its stupidest residents to DC to govern the country, including the response to the pandemic.

Top Bottom