Car-spotting thread

Drove behind this ruf Porsche (no idea the year) for about a mile. The guy choked once at a red light and almost stalled!

20200530_171045.jpg

and saw that gold GT-R again, this time with a posse of four other cars. I always see them on 31. Heard two, the third was a blue jag. Then saw a nice Ferrari going south on 202.

During my ride yesterday sooo many nice cars out and about. These are the ones I could get pics of. Missed some pics of a nice older Stingray and a 67-ish chevelle but when I gave them thumbs up both guys beeped back friendly like.

this was awesome I heard and saw Ferrari guy coming towards me at the intersection of 206 and lamington. He turns into the yield and sees me with my phone ready and smirks and then nails the gas for the sweet launch sound.

DDEC2453-7DC9-470B-B784-C5802CC1A5F6.jpeg048E77E1-3CFF-43C6-AA23-E80AE85D8D17.png
Saw mr. Rat rod coming but barely got a pic but he also downshifted and nailed the gas after he passed me.

41472CB8-FF63-4C94-B65F-0EAD134E212A.jpeg

stopped for this one in the window of that place in Peapack I think it’s a detomasso something. Looked wild.
F2004818-D275-4097-A8AF-70B69B1B9571.jpeg

Maserati Bora.

I wish I got a pic of the super sanitary 71/72 Camaro I saw this morning (then again while driving for bagels). Bright orange, looked like stock body work, lowered, huge low-profile rear tires. Sounded really good. I hope he realized I was flashing my lights to warn him about the cop around the next corner.

My wife bought a nice MINI Cooper S vert in April of last year. I didn't want to leave her '91 318is outside and found if I pulled my Factory Five Cobra all the way up and jacked the ass end 30" in the air, the MINI could be parked behind it. It's sat there since last year. I still have the 318 (gonna sell it real-soon-now) but finally resigned myself to leave it outside under a cover so I could pull the Cobra back out. Amazingly, it started right up.

My daughter put together a care package for her friend and her cat, which was a perfect excuse to take a short drive on a beautiful day.

cobra.jpg

My wife bought a nice MINI Cooper S vert in April of last year. I didn't want to leave her '91 318is outside and found if I pulled my Factory Five Cobra all the way up and jacked the ass end 30" in the air, the MINI could be parked behind it. It's sat there since last year. I still have the 318 (gonna sell it real-soon-now) but finally resigned myself to leave it outside under a cover so I could pull the Cobra back out. Amazingly, it started right up.

My daughter put together a care package for her friend and her cat, which was a perfect excuse to take a short drive on a beautiful day.

View attachment 130430
I’m not a ford guy but Omfg that’s NICE CAR!

I'm heading out to hike with Dee now. I'll check back here tonight.

CRUISE: I am going big tomorrow. 10am start. I'm thinking about 3-4 hour loop into Pike and Wayne Counties, probably around Lake Wally, if the weather cooperates (some chance of spotty showers in the Poconos tomorrow morning). Otherwise I'll plan a backup loop. I already have 5 cars with me (C6Z, Saleen S197, 700hp SRT Jeep GC, 67 Camaro), so I was a little nervous to post up here with Social D a priority and no available lunch stops. Kind of makes planning a mid-run stop difficult. So it will be gas/pee/drink/bullshit stop and back into the cars. Dee is already a little nervous about close-talkers.

If you are interested in 4 hours and 150 miles at a spirited pace (when traffic allows), PM me a cell number. Otherwise, I'm up for something a little more small/local in the near future. Maybe even Tuesday afternoon LOL.

how was it? any pics?

how was it? any pics?

Ended up with just the C6Z, and the SRT Jeep. The others bailed.

Overall it was a good day. Perfect windows-down weather. A bit more traffic because it was a weekend and Pike and Wayne counties were yellow and allowing outside seating at restaurants so lots of city folk around. It made me appreciate having days off during the week. 517/206/519/23/6 into Port Jervis. Hawk's Nest was...interesting. A few minutes before we arrived a sportbike low-sided into a Lapis Blue MK7 Golf R. 97 was completely shut in the S-curves and they had to move tow trucks, FD trucks, and an ambulance up there. Shit show. The Golf R was driveable but banged up good. We turned around and came back on 521 to 206 to 209 to 80 to 46. 160 miles total and we were home by 2:30pm.

Dee took a few pics...I'll have to get from her and post up.

I'd really like to get out to Centralia soon. Maybe next Sunday if the weather is decent? Old Route 61 was covered, so that's gone, but it's still eerie in town and some of the roads around the area are really decent. But it's a long trip. I think 225 miles round trip and restaurants will be busy AF. Nothing like coal country to make you apprecaite NJ a little bit more.

@iman29

Was the silver Ferrari in the Bedminster/PG/Mendham area? If so I know the owner. LOL it looks like him behind the wheel. He has 4 Ferraris and is a doc that owns a surgical center. I think he has 2 458 Speciales alone. You know, one is not enough.

At a Xmas party he told me he drove one of his Ferraris (at the second house in FL) to dinner, the check engine light came on, but he kept going. Blew the engine. Ferrari had to crate a new engine from Maranello at a cost of $80,000 after labor. He told me this in the most matter-of-fact manner...

Ended up with just the C6Z, and the SRT Jeep. The others bailed.

Overall it was a good day. Perfect windows-down weather. A bit more traffic because it was a weekend and Pike and Wayne counties were yellow and allowing outside seating at restaurants so lots of city folk around. It made me appreciate having days off during the week. 517/206/519/23/6 into Port Jervis. Hawk's Nest was...interesting. A few minutes before we arrived a sportbike low-sided into a Lapis Blue MK7 Golf R. 97 was completely shut in the S-curves and they had to move tow trucks, FD trucks, and an ambulance up there. Shit show. The Golf R was driveable but banged up good. We turned around and came back on 521 to 206 to 209 to 80 to 46. 160 miles total and we were home by 2:30pm.

Dee took a few pics...I'll have to get from her and post up.

I'd really like to get out to Centralia soon. Maybe next Sunday if the weather is decent? Old Route 61 was covered, so that's gone, but it's still eerie in town and some of the roads around the area are really decent. But it's a long trip. I think 225 miles round trip and restaurants will be busy AF. Nothing like coal country to make you apprecaite NJ a little bit more.

I'd be up for a Centralia trip - that is a strange place

I am out in PA regularly (near Pocono Raceway). Could join a cruise from there. When it re-opens and assuming things are better COVID wise, a road trip to the Eaglesmere Auto Museum would be good, plus some good driving there and back natch.

@iman29

Was the silver Ferrari in the Bedminster/PG/Mendham area? If so I know the owner. LOL it looks like him behind the wheel. He has 4 Ferraris and is a doc that owns a surgical center. I think he has 2 458 Speciales alone. You know, one is not enough.

At a Xmas party he told me he drove one of his Ferraris (at the second house in FL) to dinner, the check engine light came on, but he kept going. Blew the engine. Ferrari had to crate a new engine from Maranello at a cost of $80,000 after labor. He told me this in the most matter-of-fact manner...
Yes. Corner of 206 and Lamington road I was heading towards Far hills and he was taking the yield turn to head 206N.

New engine meh. What’s 80K ??‍♂️

I posted this in my blog, but ill post it here too....first time driving my mustang in over 5 years. Pulled it out of the garage to further test the clutch and brakes

sadly, the dust seal came out of my tilton hyd throw out bearing and ended the fun. Glad I didnt sell my transmission jack just yet

1591030137532.png

A few More. It was a busy weekend.

Forgot I finally snapped a better pic of this HC in the neighborhood. He rarely parks it outside. You can hear this thing from blocks away and he definitely has some custom mods done and it’s lowered too. he has a base model also in black that’s his everyday driver too. Must like that xar

then yesterday afternoon saw this Shelby Pickup truck at one of the local farm stores. Didn’t know they had this edition but it also seemed pretty jacked up with extras compared to a Raptor.

I was riding in the afternoon and pulled up just behind the Porsche perfect red light timing. Ah the sweet smell of Carburetor exhaust.

And please explain this whole Subaru cross check off-road tire thing to me. I doubt this thing will ever see more than a gravel lot.

guy in the Z4 barely slowed down for the parking lot speed tables and scraped his valence for all 4 of them.E8E186D6-7263-46AD-ACE9-F86A9517098C.png5F81E238-2C43-4949-B9F0-00822923E5EC.jpeg1D75459E-E216-430A-8DA1-D2347FFB4015.jpeg937E24CD-64A5-4509-A5DA-1BC125E63E75.jpegC0390EDB-2498-4877-BEF6-B24873F51BF7.pngFD93914A-62AE-46AA-930F-FF0137FA1DED.jpeg20299D35-0B00-46E5-B724-7B1EA11BDEB7.jpeg561C6C87-94B6-4952-9E9F-70F16A8BE089.jpeg7EF819DD-3430-493B-8DF7-A71283A98139.jpeg

I posted this in my blog, but ill post it here too....first time driving my mustang in over 5 years. Pulled it out of the garage to further test the clutch and brakes

sadly, the dust seal came out of my tilton hyd throw out bearing and ended the fun. Glad I didnt sell my transmission jack just yet

View attachment 130459

UGH!!!

ya I was in quite a funk on saturday. I have been looking thru everything I did to set this up....there was alot of stopping and starting during this time, which is always bad...but i only had modern drivelines instructions....now that im reading tiltons seperate instructions there is a whole section about setting the pedal stop that I didnt see...so im thinking its entirely possible that i caused it to over travel...Its a totally custom setup with a tilton bearing, mcleod clutch and a wilwood master...so its like 1900 way adjustable. Easily could have been my fault. I dont think its going to cost me any money to fix, just the practice of a trans swap...YIPPIE!

Back
Top Bottom