This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Mahnken

wrong on both counts. stick to what you know - panicking and dealing with said panic with dangerous levels of alcohol.
Dude, I can't even remember the last time I had more than one beer, and that one beer happens maybe once a month, haha. Sorry my posts in this thread haven't all been peaches and rainbows, but I'd hardly call anything I've said panicking. But I guess the written word is more open to interpretation.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
my wife has been the least stressed at work in 15 years....covid has turned her job from working on very sick and very injured people into screening people all day....when our lives go back to normal-ish...hers will go back to pre covid insanity. My wife doesnt find screening people or testing people for covid stressful....her words, not mine

Teaching kindergarten is fucking bullshit and everyday is worse than the day before....but it is what it is.

I havent been to my office in 2 months...im saving many many hours of driving and I no longer need to get up at 5am...this means I have been able to work on the mustang until 11pm or longer....hoping to have it on the road for fathers day....thanks covid

been riding with my son at least 3-4 days a week and at 6...I can do a legit "ride" with him now....he can pedal up hills and most importantly, we have fun...its really awesome...thanks covid

i feel like I have been pretty dam lucky....still have my job, my wife has screened and tested/worked with countless covid patients, nobody has gotten sick.

rick81721

Lothar
Dude, I can't even remember the last time I had more than one beer, and that one beer happens maybe once a month, haha. Sorry my posts in this thread haven't all been peaches and rainbows, but I'd hardly call anything I've said panicking. But I guess the written word is more open to interpretation.

sorry, I confused you with someone else in this thread. Carry on!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
So to add to the misinformation, I had foods poisoning or a stomach virus starting last Wednesday at 10:30 PM, by 3:30 am, I was short of breath, legs cramping bad, couldn't walk more than 10' and I had to call an ambulance. My blood pressure was 70/50. ER diagnosis was unspecified.
My brother, Mrs. G and I all had these exact symptoms, in the space of 5 days, with all three of us passing out to add even more excitement, back at the end of December into January.

My brother passed out at the Starland Ballroom while we were waiting for Clutch to come on; he got a meatwagon ride to the Old Bridge ER and ended up being admitted and spending a few days of frustration while they ran him through every test in the book before deciding they didn't know what he had.

48 hours after I last saw him, I went to school feeling like something was very much off. I left the building after teaching two classes, came home, passed out standing up in the bathroom, conking myself on the head twice on the way to the ground, was revived by Mrs. G who arrived too late to catch me, then puked up my guts. The fever and body aches arrived soon after, leading to a night of misery, and the following day I was pretty worthless. Being a stubborn idiot, I refused to let Mrs. G take me to the hospital, which actually turned out to be the right thing.

48 hours after my initial passing out/puking, I was feeling remarkably better, which was good, because then it hit Mrs. G, and I had to attend to her. That evening, she repeated the vomiting and passing out, but being smarter than me, she asked for the hospital. She got an ambulance ride to the ER, where they gave her IV fluids, IV Tylenol, and anti-nausea meds, got her stabilized pretty quickly, and sent her home. It took her a few days to get right after that.

Nobody was even thinking of the corona virus in the general population of the U.S. at the time. Nor do I think we had it.

Anyway, figured I'd let you know you weren't alone. And hope you're feeling a lot better by now.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

does this fall in line with the NY data 6 weeks ago ?
the under 60 crowd sees a rate of .2% and 80% had co-morbidity (if i recall correctly)
which means a .04% mortality rate for healthy, under 60.

under 20 is even less.

well obesity is a comorbidity, 30% of the population is obese

enough math for today. i'm looking at their chart, so it will take some work.

Reactions: don

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
My brother, Mrs. G and I all had these exact symptoms, in the space of 5 days, with all three of us passing out to add even more excitement, back at the end of December into January.

My brother passed out at the Starland Ballroom while we were waiting for Clutch to come on; he got a meatwagon ride to the Old Bridge ER and ended up being admitted and spending a few days of frustration while they ran him through every test in the book before deciding they didn't know what he had.

48 hours after I last saw him, I went to school feeling like something was very much off. I left the building after teaching two classes, came home, passed out standing up in the bathroom, conking myself on the head twice on the way to the ground, was revived by Mrs. G who arrived too late to catch me, then puked up my guts. The fever and body aches arrived soon after, leading to a night of misery, and the following day I was pretty worthless. Being a stubborn idiot, I refused to let Mrs. G take me to the hospital, which actually turned out to be the right thing.

48 hours after my initial passing out/puking, I was feeling remarkably better, which was good, because then it hit Mrs. G, and I had to attend to her. That evening, she repeated the vomiting and passing out, but being smarter than me, she asked for the hospital. She got an ambulance ride to the ER, where they gave her IV fluids, IV Tylenol, and anti-nausea meds, got her stabilized pretty quickly, and sent her home. It took her a few days to get right after that.

Nobody was even thinking of the corona virus in the general population of the U.S. at the time. Nor do I think we had it.

Anyway, figured I'd let you know you weren't alone. And hope you're feeling a lot better by now.
oh wow, sorry to hear. And thanks, I am feeling much better and back to normal activities.

mfennell

It's really shocking how little we know about the body. Get outside the basics, and you may as well go back to leeches for all the good doctors do you.

Glad everyone is feeling better.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Did you get tested for Antibodies? Go do it, then we can ride together again!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Did you get tested for Antibodies? Go do it, then we can ride together again!
I haven't been tested for antibodies, but Mrs. G has, and she came up negative.

Mrs. G, my brother, and I were sick at the end of December/beginning of January, and while it was awful, it was fairly brief, and the symptoms don't really line up with the current virus, at least as I understand it. I was telling my story mostly to let Kevin know we had the same thing, it looks like.

We will ride together again soon!

Captain Brainstorm

I haven't been tested for antibodies, but Mrs. G has, and she came up negative.

Mrs. G, my brother, and I were sick at the end of December/beginning of January, and while it was awful, it was fairly brief, and the symptoms don't really line up with the current virus, at least as I understand it. I was telling my story mostly to let Kevin know we had the same thing, it looks like.

We will ride together again soon!

It sounds like you all (including stb222) had Norovirus. Most common food born illness in the world. It hits you like a freight train, you go from fine to puking and pissing out of your ass in an hour. Symptoms continue for 6-12hrs and then you're left weak (with low-bp) from dehydration, sipping Pedialyte and water for the next 2 days recovering. The virus itself makes Covid look like a 90lb wimp. It can survive in the environment for weeks, and the only thing that kills it is fire or bleach. You get it from dirty mother f'ers not washing their hands and touching your food. Incubation is 18-48hrs, so count back from there. With all of this take out these days, I'm surprised more people aren't getting it. Learn to cook and order out less if you want to minimize your chances of getting it. Out of the last 3 times I got it, 2 were from bad oysters and once was in Eastern Europe.

Top Bottom