This is NOT the greatest blog in the world, no. This is just a tribute!

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Falling behind again on updates.

First month of pandemic riding. Of note, edged out my monthly mileage record from January by 1 mile!:

946 miles (798 last month)
28 rides (26 last month)
57 hrs riding time (50 last month)

And with the community gym closed, back down to only 1 fake run (3 miles). Gonna go out tomorrow and do a real run before it gets too hot.

6 mtb rides - no rain at all so everything is dry, in fact too dry where there is sand - it turns into sugar sand and is like riding in soft snow.

And with everything shut down and NY/NJ being covid-19 central, we bagged the apr 9 auto train and plan to drive back up some time in may. Hopefully first week but will play it by ear. Wifey can't drive very far so we are taking the Subaru up, I'll fly back down in June to drive the gt350 back.

Started the month with the usual road ride, with trail rides interspersed:

View attachment 124125
View attachment 124126

View attachment 124127
View attachment 124128
View attachment 124129

oh and forgot the sudden outbreak of flats. hopefully the new gatorskins provide some immunity going forward

View attachment 124130

@rick81721 it looks like your road bike is taking a leak of the road

serviceguy

Ah, assuming all those hooks are screwed in the joists? I would make sure the road bikes are over the Gt350, being the lightest...and happy birthday!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 9.08.27 AM.png

Big Al

New park day - finally checked out Frenchtown preserve. Only 10 miles from home so could possibly ride there but with rain around just drove. Definitely a 6mr vibe, similar dirt trails, no rocks, but a few nasty climbs. Best part was there is nobody there - a nice change of pace from covid saturated 6mr. Only one car in the lot but never saw the rider. Per my SOP, didn't look at anyone's ride and didn't even look at the kiosk map, just started riding. Think I hit most if the trails, lots of spiderwebing in there.

View attachment 130545
I like that place. A little far for me. Definitely a 6MR vibe.

Robin

@rick81721 funny, I almost went there this morning before "school". I don't know if they trimmed some of the grassy but beware of hidden stumps. One got me last time I was there. Glad you had a good ride.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I've been there many times - didn't mean to imply it was a new park, just where I'm heading next. I could probably ride there but would have to take 31 a good ways.

you need to get to 523 - come down past the school on case(?) towards the ice skating place to diamond nation.

road or mtb?

thegock

Falling behind again on monthly recaps.

COOL DOWN IMG_20200526_105450-01.jpg

smh

OK, I got this.

Rode my pimp road bike a lot, cuz am @SNOWFAK3 , miss BoyToyBob and the trails have been a bit muddy for my sensitive skin.

Ran (barf-who cares.)

Looking forward to leaving dirty jersey in five months.

Did I nail that for you or what?

[just realized that I failed to include 8 selfies]

Top Bottom