6 Mile Run Conditions

JPark

Is there going to be any organized trail work/maintenance in the near future?
I've wanted to get involved but I'm usually too busy with work in the spring.... now I find myself with more free time due to the virus situation.

ekuhn

I've wanted to get involved but I'm usually too busy with work in the spring.... now I find myself with more free time due to the virus situation.
Join JORBA!

@jdog does alot of TM mid week.

Other TM is pop up. @WJF does alot and is the greenskeeper for JORBA.

Did I mention to join JORBA?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Mostly disorganized honestly.

As a rule we typically don't take on big projects in the summer. Fighting Heat, Ticks and poison ivy makes it far less fun.

You can start to help by carrying a pruning saw:

This one can fit in your Camelbak

Cut back any face slapper as you see them. Cut them back farther than you think.

Also, close down secondary shortcuts when you see them.

When (if?) this C-19 dies down, i'll be glad to fun a group trail day, but til then its likely a solo effort for the most part.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

As a rule we typically don't take on big projects in the summer. Fighting Heat, Ticks and poison ivy makes it far less fun.

Cut back any face slapper as you see them. Cut them back farther than you think.

When (if?) this C-19 dies down, i'll be glad to fun a group trail day, but til then its likely a solo effort for the most part.
I approve of this saw and FWIW, it fits nicely in the back pocket of the sombrio bib liners. I would say it is the maximize size you can carry in a pocket. It is the one I carry when I know there is a large blow down to remove.

I recommend the Gomboy 210 for general pruning as it is shorter, fits in pocket better and the end of the handle is rubber, so less likely to damage my spine if I fall on it.

The silky F180 is a much lighterweight saw, plastic body and is basically something you can carry at all times. Fits in the front pocket of baggy shorts.

All the saws above have changed the pruning while riding game for me. Ride in, cut a bad area for 20 min and continue my ride.

JPark

Sounds good.
Just as long as I don't get arrested for cutting down an endangered fern in a state park.

Kangdoy

I approve of this saw and FWIW, it fits nicely in the back pocket of the sombrio bib liners. I would say it is the maximize size you can carry in a pocket. It is the one I carry when I know there is a large blow down to remove.

I recommend the Gomboy 210 for general pruning as it is shorter, fits in pocket better and the end of the handle is rubber, so less likely to damage my spine if I fall on it.

The silky F180 is a much lighterweight saw, plastic body and is basically something you can carry at all times. Fits in the front pocket of baggy shorts.

All the saws above have changed the pruning while riding game for me. Ride in, cut a bad area for 20 min and continue my ride.

Just ordered the 210. Thanks for the recommendations.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i picked up a gomboy 240 a couple months back when it went on sale, fits nicely in my pack, havent tried the pocket thing yet, but it will probably fit, if a bit snugly.

looks like the gomboy is the straight blade version of the accel posted above.

Robin

first time back to trails since the fall - and it's been even longer since I was on the 27 side. wow - good changes - especially over on red/orange near 27

I know rain is moving in and this weekend will be a mess, but overall, conditions were good this morning. I was there early but lots were empty and only a handful on the trails.

Ronnie B

The canal lot is closed moving forward. Avoid the park on weekends to help us keep all the lots from closing.
I always tend to avoid the park on weekends even before the virus, the first time I ever went on a Saturday the traffic on the trails was too much, if there is a downside to 6-Mile Run its that its hard for two bikes heading from each direction to pass without one having to stop and so its hard to continue a flow. If I go its 99% of the time Mon to Fri.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I always tend to avoid the park on weekends even before the virus, the first time I ever went on a Saturday the traffic on the trails was too much, if there is a downside to 6-Mile Run its that its hard for two bikes heading from each direction to pass without one having to stop and so its hard to continue a flow. If I go its 99% of the time Mon to Fri.
The park is being pressured from the TWP to shut all the lots. Expect those who park illegally to be ticket / towed. J

Ronnie B

I'm actually good with this. Those who know will figure out where to park. It's only the canal road lot.
Ahhh, I misunderstood you, I thought you were saying that the township was pressuring the whole park be closed.

SAV1970

As FYI. Half the parking lot on RTE 27 is closed with metal barriers. I am assuming it is to limit the number of people that ride here.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions