State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I said it earlier Essex county sherrifs were just sitting and watching and not even concerned about hikers walking past barriers.

Yesterday when i road past the lot on so orange ave the county police where there with lights and pa going.... people were parked behind the barricades and all

TimBay

Oof, and I thought I was bummed about the new rule. I guess I'll just ride the road and try to crash one of those Rumson parties.

onetracker

Honestly, parking lot congregations are not the only issue here. I’ve been getting really frustrated with others failure to properly yield to traffic on single track. We could start a whole other thread on who has the right of way in various scenarios, but the idea that germs don’t pass because you are in nature is just stupid. If someone is sweating profusely and breathing heavily and they cross you on tight single track... germs are being spread. I don’t know why people can’t understand this. The fact of the matter is that more people than ever are all of a sudden in the parks and the trails can not safely support this volume and maintain social distancing.
I had a guy try to ride into me head-on while I was crossing a stream the other day. Total lack of GAF regarding anyone else on the planet. Never in my life have I seen such total lack of disregard on trail, while driving, in the grocery store, etc. People do not seem to grasp that viruses are real because they cannot be seen.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Waterloo village was blocked off and the main allamuchy lot was being closed off.
i heard a rumor that Murphy is planning to close everything as of this Friday so it may not matter.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i heard a rumor that Murphy is planning to close everything as of this Friday so it may not matter.

I heard the same rumor. I’m not sure what “everything” means, but we stocked up on “essentials“ just in case.

bucknejo

time to break out the cloaking devices

cloaking-devices.png

jpn

Are they really gonna order us not to leave the house?

This does not sound good.

don

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
This video may be of value now that the war on drugs parks is pushing me into the darkness started with a gateway drug like non-sanctioned trails and it will evolve to road gaps of full send

phillychris498

I did some sections of singletrack at allamuchy that I’d never ridden despite riding there for 6+ years. Got to the lot around noon, and despite the lot being close to full I didn’t see anyone in the woods off of the Sussex branch trail. Felt great throughout the ride, and found some daffodils at the top of ice cream.
https://strava.app.link/OwXAw4qov5
2BFFF1EA-ACC6-4217-BD98-8233FA6A9DCA.jpeg

Attachments

• 1586310502228.png
    1586310502228.png
    538.8 KB · Views: 76
Top Bottom