State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

gpTron

Like my wife said when I told her the parks are being shut down before "well I guess it's a good thing you built that mini trail in our yard...".
Hopefully all this riding on it will naturally kill all that obnoxious japanese knotweed that grows prolifically all spring and summer long.

roc

Actually it is a private preserve, but my question is whether the state can override it?
And can I ride over it?
Absolutely nobody is going to care if you ride thru high mountain to get to Wayne from Franklin lakes. I mean nobody!
Between me and a couple of buddies, we have been to high mountain, maybe 3000 days over the last 10 years(that‘s a low fiigure)mostly hiking. Between all of us, we have seen 1 ranger. 1, in all that rime. Has anybody else ever seen a ranger at high mountain? I think there is a guy living back there in a makeshift camp!

Fire Lord Jim

This may work.
Screen_Shot_2020-03-10_at_3.15.37_PM.png

Mathers

I said it earlier Essex county sherrifs were just sitting and watching and not even concerned about hikers walking past barriers.

1TrackMind

Absolutely nobody is going to care if you ride thru high mountain to get to Wayne from Franklin lakes. I mean nobody!
Between me and a couple of buddies, we have been to high mountain, maybe 3000 days over the last 10 years(that‘s a low fiigure)mostly hiking. Between all of us, we have seen 1 ranger. 1, in all that rime. Has anybody else ever seen a ranger at high mountain? I think there is a guy living back there in a makeshift camp!
I’ve never seen a ranger, but I was stopped by the Wayne police while riding into it at night, (didn’t park, rode from house), at first he looked at me like I was crazy for riding there at night, checked out my lights and that I had a phone, shook his head and said be careful.

spadela86

This sucks, but I totally get it. Been seeing groups of knuckleheads pulling up to 6MR all week. They definitely don't live in the same household...

I wonder -- what about riding unmarked trails next to a State Park? There are a few here and there...

Anyway the argument could be made that closing the trailheads/lots makes the trails themselves much easier to practice social distancing on...if it weren't for the fact that they were closed.

njmark

Professional Cyclist
Wonder if I could use my State Essential Employee card and just say I'm taking the long way to work. There are those of us who don't get to stay home, unless the residents of Somerset County stop using their toilets/sinks/showers. Not comparing myself to the hospital workers, a lot of the work we do doesn't lend itself to social distancing, the work needs to be done and so we do it. I can live with parks being closed, its for everyone's well being. I learned to care for things that extend past the tip of my own nose, not try and dress my narcissism up in some misguided psuedo-political ideology. Stay safe fuckers

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Yy
Wonder if I could use my State Essential Employee card and just say I'm taking the long way to work. There are those of us who don't get to stay home, unless the residents of Somerset County stop using their toilets/sinks/showers. Not comparing myself to the hospital workers, a lot of the work we do doesn't lend itself to social distancing, the work needs to be done and so we do it. I can live with parks being closed, its for everyone's well being. I learned to care for things that extend past the tip of my own nose, not try and dress my narcissism up in some misguided psuedo-political ideology. Stay safe fuckers

Post that card up fake ones are going to be worth gold lol

Top Bottom