State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

Hakimaki

thats where my mom works, they closed her Psych unit last week, so they are moving her to one of the medical floors.

I'm sorry to hear that, the medical floors are having a rough time, as ~300 hospital staff are home sick. She will be overwhelmed with her assignments. I feel for her as transitioning back to a more medical role after spending time away can be difficult. My wife works on the labor and delivery unit (at Newark Beth) and they are also being floated off to work on the medical units. Workload is doubled, average medical floor ratios averaged 1 nurse to 6-8 patients. Now its about 1:12. I wish her the best!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well you can still hike here
20200407_161230.jpg

Nothing McMurphy can do about that, I personally think closing the parks is absolutely dumb. The woods are Probably safest place I've been to for the past month and that includes my home.

phillychris498

I rode allamuchy today, and the lot was much more crowded than normal yet I didn’t see a single person once I made the left off of the Sussex branch rail trail and into the woods onto singletrack. There were traffic cones with caution taped staged at the front of the lot, but were quite obviously pushed off to the side to allow cars in... I guess it was just the rangers way of preparing for the closure tonight.

I will say that this closure should be synchronized with the closure of parks in PA, NY, and DE. Now that the NJ parks are closed, all of a sudden an influx of visitors are gonna be crowding Harriman state park, port jervis and Blue Mountain in NY, Nockamixon, South Mountain, the Delaware water gap hiking trails, Neshaminy in PA, and white clay creek in DE. That just exacerbates the problem... NJ people who are supposed to be protected by this order will then be mingling in other parks with people from NJ and from other states, and all of a sudden these parks will see crowds increasing wayyy past what they’re already certainly experiencing. Because of this, It might actually be safer to Strictly enforce quotas on the number of cars allowed to be parked at a given park at any given time... this would keep NJ nature goers in NJ, and safely socially distanced from strangers. Of course that’s extremely hard to enforce, but I do believe this will lead to closure of parks in neighboring states that wouldn’t have needed to happen otherwise.

Reactions: don

1TrackMind

I thought I read it doesn’t apply to Sussex, Hunterdon, Warren and Salem counties, according to state leadership there’s not a Covid problem in these counties.

GreenMachine

Sounds like we’re going to the end of May here..

The state of emergency remains in place indefinitely, but the governor said the public-health emergency expires after 30 days. The executive order he signed Tuesday will keep it in place until at least early May.

“We want to make sure this continues our current footing,” Murphy said at the Trenton War Memorial during his daily coronavirus press briefing.

The emergency orders came about two weeks before Murphy signed a separate order for New Jersey residents to stay at home and practice social distancing and for non-essential businesses to close. Those remain in place indefinitely.

Murphy said Tuesday this is “going to require many more weeks, at least, of us staying smart and staying at least 6 feet apart.” He said the state is “not even close” to lifting those restrictions.

Top Bottom