State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

trener1

The issue is that everything Murphy hands down is telling us what to do. We get told what to do enough, long before any virus. I am frankly tired of being told what to do. How about giving me a choice and I can figure out what is best for my family and those around me. I am sure a natural reaction to this is well, there are a myriad of stupid people that need to be told what to do. For that, there is natural selection. I feel terrible that we are overwhelmed but where does it stop - at what point are too many of our freedoms taken away and, how are you so certain we will get them back.

I'm sorry if you are getting tired of being told what to do, but people are F--G dying so get over yourself.

mntal

Allaire was filled last weekend, there were people standing in the middle of the trail causing congestion and blockages. Multiple families were congregating in open areas and the lots were packed with people congregating. It was only a matter of time. In general, the masses are stupid.
Maybe they are not stupid - that is a perception you have. Perhaps you are stupid to someone more intelligent. Perhaps they are smart people just enjoying their day, in the way they want. Pretty far leap to conclude the masses are stupid.

mntal

Society in general, and NJ specifically, show time and again that they can NOT figure out what is best for their family and those around them. Maybe some can, but most are incapable.
OK, and who is the Governor to believe he knows better than I do about my family. In fact, who is anyone better than I to make those decisions.

Johnny Utah

The issue is that everything Murphy hands down is telling us what to do. We get told what to do enough, long before any virus. I am frankly tired of being told what to do. How about giving me a choice and I can figure out what is best for my family and those around me. I am sure a natural reaction to this is well, there are a myriad of stupid people that need to be told what to do. For that, there is natural selection. I feel terrible that we are overwhelmed but where does it stop - at what point are too many of our freedoms taken away and, how are you so certain we will get them back.
You confirmed my point in this. The defense rests.

GreenMachine

What’s best for your family is not what’s best for everybody else’s.
Murphy has the responsibility of the entire state on his hands - People cannot be trusted it’s a simple as that. You are probably 100% correct that you’ll be fine But we can’t say that for everyone.
I’m not at A fan of Phil Murphy I can go into the numerous reasons why but this is not a forum for that.
However I think he’s done a pretty decent job here getting banks to delay mortgages going after landlords finally taking on the people in Lakewood breaking rules in Teaneck as well.
He’s been front and center daily he’s been complementary of the president.
He doesn’t want to have a spike on his another spike on his hands with spring weather here.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is not a Murphy power trip, people are dying that have no business dying. The man is just trying to save lives.
COVID-19 doesn't care about your yellow "Don't tread on me" flag.

I am a nurse, my wife is a nurse. Things are bad, we don't have the equipment we need to fight this thing. Do you know what it's like to go to work everyday and fully expect to get sick? We have 4 children that we can possibly infect or leave orphaned. I personally have said good bye to 4 coworkers already, it's gotten fucking real. Hospitals are fucking war-zones, nothing but death all around you. Just think about the opening scenes to Saving Private Ryan, death happening all around you and there is nothing you can do but keep going forward. Healthcare workers are stressed out, overworked, exhausted, and feel absolutely helpless.

I understand that people may feel like certain rights/privileges have been stripped away from them, yea I get it. But this is war, and in war we make sacrifice. It's not about you, its about us. And for us, you need to stay home. People often don't understand the gravity of a situation until it hits closer to home, I get that, but please learn the lesson without experiencing the death of a loved one.

Sure, I'll miss the trails too. I haven't been in the woods for my "therapy" in over a month, and yes I too feel like I'm going crazy. But I would prefer to still be around to enjoy them later, and to enjoy them with you guys. We are all adults, with brains capable of adapting to difficulties. So for now, stay home and ride the trainer, run up some stairs, start or renew an old hobby, whatever helps, but stay safe and alive.

Finally, please don't thank me for my "front-line service". I would do this for free if I had no need for money.
The healthcare team is not the front-line, the general population is. The fight is out there in the community, and you could stop its spread by staying home.
What hospital are you at?

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's

This, all the this. Walk into any grocery store and you'll see plenty of people less that the REQUIRED six feet apart. It's a childish power trip (anyone seen all his insulting tweets?) and like you said, once power is given it's rarely taken away. F**king BS

MMuller

This is not a Murphy power trip, people are dying that have no business dying. The man is just trying to save lives.
COVID-19 doesn't care about your yellow "Don't tread on me" flag.

I am a nurse, my wife is a nurse. Things are bad, we don't have the equipment we need to fight this thing. Do you know what it's like to go to work everyday and fully expect to get sick? We have 4 children that we can possibly infect or leave orphaned. I personally have said good bye to 4 coworkers already, it's gotten fucking real. Hospitals are fucking war-zones, nothing but death all around you. Just think about the opening scenes to Saving Private Ryan, death happening all around you and there is nothing you can do but keep going forward. Healthcare workers are stressed out, overworked, exhausted, and feel absolutely helpless.

I understand that people may feel like certain rights/privileges have been stripped away from them, yea I get it. But this is war, and in war we make sacrifice. It's not about you, its about us. And for us, you need to stay home. People often don't understand the gravity of a situation until it hits closer to home, I get that, but please learn the lesson without experiencing the death of a loved one.

Sure, I'll miss the trails too. I haven't been in the woods for my "therapy" in over a month, and yes I too feel like I'm going crazy. But I would prefer to still be around to enjoy them later, and to enjoy them with you guys. We are all adults, with brains capable of adapting to difficulties. So for now, stay home and ride the trainer, run up some stairs, start or renew an old hobby, whatever helps, but stay safe and alive.

Finally, please don't thank me for my "front-line service". I would do this for free if I had no need for money.
The healthcare team is not the front-line, the general population is. The fight is out there in the community, and you could stop its spread by staying home.
Please, everybody, copy/paste this everywhere. Thank you

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am a nurse, my wife is a nurse. Things are bad, we don't have the equipment we need to fight this thing.

So this is my real problem with the closures. As @ryderX mentioned above, it's visible and it makes it appear that they are "doing something" but all it does it removes 1% of 1% of 1% of the risk you might catch this. I would be surprised if a single person has caught this at a park. Ok maybe the idiots who drink beer in the parking lot and such are making it worse, I'll grant you that. I'll also bet you $1 they will be doing that tomorrow anyway, just somewhere else.

The problem I have is that airports keep rolling Coronavirus vectors out of EWR at an alarming rate compared with what is actually "essential." Also, If I had to guess, 50% of the cases right now are coming from hospitals and manufacturing places. So what are we doing about that? Closing a park does not allow you to do your job better, or more safely. Maybe if some of the state resources were better utilized to address these other problem areas, we wouldn't be at this point.

Next week road biking/running will be taken away. Then people will not be allowed to walk on the street. Then food stores are going to close. And through it all, this back door of "essential workers" will remain open and people will infect each other, day after day, week after week. For fuck sake, one of our teammates is still being forced to go to a county golf club that's closed in order to mow the grass. Talk about a government agency that has its head up its ass.

If the government wants to stop this, total & absolute lockdown for 3 straight weeks. No leaving the house. Government comes by and delivers food rations to your door every few days. No exceptions. Then in 3 weeks the number of cases drops like a brick.

Top Bottom