What have you done to your bike today?

JonF

The E13 TRS+ mechanical dropper on my hardtail has developed the typical rotational play so i figured it was time to do a service and replace the brass keys that control this. After digging into it, i found the main seat mast post where the seat head mounts to is cracked underneath. ITs probably been that way for a while and could go for a bit longer still but now that i know its there i just cant bring myself to ride it. Also, because of the crack, the metal is flaring out and scraped up the bushings and seals during disassembly. I put a msg out to E13 about it, lets see what they say.

IMG_20200403_195323.jpg

jdgang

I have done nothing. I got new flared handlebars for my gravel bike but I have no idea how to wrap bars. ;(

Turbotrix

Yearly maintenance time...serviced a few lower legs, swapped some tires, refreshed sealant in many bikes, serviced hubs, lots of bike cleaning. I'm bored AF...
Most of us out here are doing our best to stay off trails and "not do dumb shit" that could put us into the overstressed hospital system.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Speaking of chains I put a new one on the Mrs' bike this morning, and repacked her BB with some grease as it developed quite the creak over the weekend. This BB may be on its last legs, we'll see.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Installed some blingy wider bars on my DH sled courtesy of @mattybfat (even though I barely ride it anymore and now will probably ride even less if the lifts don't spin). The color kinda matches the yellow deemaxx wheels but moreso the beer. Psyched to have the full fleet up to current wide bar standards now.
20200407_215441.jpg

Ron

Pulled apart the ebb on the Niner. Last several rides she has had a creak. After each ride I would pull apart, clean and lube. Several miles into next ride on the uphills I get a creak. Watched some old Niner videos and they recommend dry ebb, but lube threads on bb. So that is how it is presently put together. But for now she is just a backyard bike. Maybe I will take her to the local secret spot to do a quick spin. The local secret spot is not illegal either.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Hello old friend

Pulled this down from the rafters and gave it a through clean and lube. Pumped the flat tires. Charged up the Garmin and took her for a spin.

View attachment 125283

Been too long.

The sad is I saw this?

View attachment 125284

@jimvreeland do I need to be concerned
Is this something to bring to attention of Seven Cycles?

Given it's age I'm not terribly surprised. My Rusty bike has a bunch of similar patches. It's just a surface rust forming under the paint, not a big deal. They can totally repair it though.

Zaskar

How does this happen?

Son came home from a ride and said "I think I blew my fork"...

Can't seem to locate online for purchase...

Manitou Machete
Rebound Damper Assembly
141-23991-K004

20200413_175539.jpg

Last edited:

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
I'd recommend sending Hayes/Manitou a message on their site, their very responsive and would want to see that photo. In all my years of working on Manitou forks I've not come across that one where the shaft twisted! Most bike shops can order Manitou parts, maybe some the folks who work at / own shops on the board can help you source. If not I used to order all my Manitou from Bobs in Boise Idaho.

Top Bottom