This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
All current options are garbage. And that's the last piece I post bout politics

Took norms advice tonight and read a book look where it got us... I got this machine learning book and I think I can make a bot so I can post 24/7 you'll never know when that starts

Reactions: rlb

Mahnken

They're exploring using one of the rehab facilities in town owned by AH, here is the thing they laid all those employees off...

I fucking hate AH so much as soon as my wife can I want her out of there, they have a low census rule where they cut hours so because they closed down all the units they're telling nurses to use their pto hours if they don't have a unit to put them on. Also if a nurse catches covid they need to use their own pto.

I have a professional license in property and casualty and 90% of my work before going a technical route is in workers comp, I know that that is wrong but it is an uphill battle. A union would really be beneficial in this fight.
Let me know if you find a better hospital system, seems to be on par with my experiences. Healthcare is big business nowadays. Nurses are just numbers. So are doctors at this point.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Let me know if you find a better hospital system, seems to be on par with my experiences. Healthcare is big business nowadays. Nurses are just numbers. So are doctors at this point.

Yes and this will remain the case in every industry so long as the stock market exists. Everything in this country is bottom line because bottom line drives stock prices which feed everyone’s investments.

That starts & ends with pretty much every single person reading this board.

Mahnken

Yes and this will remain the case in every industry so long as the stock market exists. Everything in this country is bottom line because bottom line drives stock prices which feed everyone’s investments.

It's depressing. Healthcare should be about the people, not increasing profits.

AndyJ

So, my wife just heard a rumor things are going to get locked down tighter in the next day or two. Anyone else hear this?
Yeah, along the lines of federal order of state lock down. No interstate travel unless essential.
Trump announced he was considering a quarantine of NY, NJ, and parts of CT, without even having discussed it first with the governors of those state. Cuomo said no, and didn't think it would even be legal. In addition, Cuomo has also said that RI's actions (stopping cars with NY plates, knocking on doors looking for NY residents) are illegal and has threatened to sue the state if they don't stop.

TimBay

How will it end? It's gone too far. We might be able to get universal healthcare, but this publicly traded form of capitalism isn't likely to end ever.

rick81721

Lothar
How will it end? It's gone too far. We might be able to get universal healthcare, but this publicly traded form of capitalism isn't likely to end ever.

you want "universal healthcare"? which really means universal insurance. healthcare? not so much

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

It's depressing. Healthcare should be about the people, not increasing profits.

While i think that is a part of it - i'd put a fair share of the blame on the lawyers and insurance companies.

Patrick

Staff member
I've added a 'last 3 day average' to my spreadsheet.
hopefully see a trend where the near term starts to fall below the longer avg.

I haven't added any sort controls, but if you'd like to look, linky.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
Was just thinking about this after getting blasted by a few chumps on our Nextdoor site for describing our trip to St. Pete's the other day. They said, "stay home, shouldn't be going anywhere".

Anywho, so what's the riskiest behavior you are doing now? I'd say for me, food shopping is the riskiest. Most people traffic, in doors, people touching things. Second would be getting gas - all self serve down here - gotta touch the screen!

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Ahh capitalism. That’s a whole thread. Brings out the best and the worst in everyone.

@Patrick - since you have the data, is NJ doubling every four days still with new cases?

Patrick

Staff member
food shopping (well beer shopping) by far.
Mitigating risk by bringing my own bags, not using a cart, and self check-out.
the only button i need to press is 'finish and pay' - wegmans has sanitizer at the doors - so going in, going out.

I need to get some stuff at home depot today/tomorrow. i'm going to order for pick-up, it should be on a pallet
so just transfer it to the back of my truck after walking inside about 10' to confirm who i am.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Anywho, so what's the riskiest behavior you are doing now? I'd say for me, food shopping is the riskiest. Most people traffic, in doors, people touching things. Second would be getting gas - all self serve down here - gotta touch the screen!

My risky spot is definitely the grocery store. Needed essentials two nights ago. I went as late as I could go, about a half hour before they closed so I could hopefully run in and run out. I picked a good time as there were very few customers, I used the self-check out to avoid humans, and that worked out, but if there’s a breeding ground, it’s that place.

Top Bottom