This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Funny, my wife JUST got home from work and was telling me this story. She was saying the peds unit was slow so she was working in triage up front tonight checking people in.

@The Governor of Slacktown So my wife said regarding the coding of covid patients.....in the ER at least, they dont call for crash carts (which is like the tool box with drugs, bone needles, intubation stuff, anything they need to jump start someone again) ...In the ER, this stuff is just around...the carts are around in the rooms, or the stuff is already in the rooms...The ER will have "codes" but they, unlike other floors aren't calling for people with carts...the ER people already are trained in what needs to be done in these cases. So my wife said that with the covid patients there are STRICT rules that people are not allowed in the room with covid patients without being suited up and unlike a typical code siwhere 20 people might go running in (whoever happens to be hanging around), now they are limited to ~5 people....and those people have to be suited up....This shift, my wife never once got to take off her masks, etc. So on other floors that arent the ER...if they call in a code, the most likely will not have all of this equipment laying around as the ER would....so the response team has to come running with this cart...But now, there are rules that they cant just going running into covid patients rooms as they were doing...They need to be suited up and there is a limit to who can go in there....So they aren' t letting people drop dead, its just a change in the procedures.

Other units(like my wife's) have crash carts, if someone is headed towards Respiratory failure their family has already been reached out to for a dnr. Her unit has been told no covid codes. Once they have the dnr they're moved out of ICU and to one of the units handling covid and given comfort care.

This next month is going to suck

Other units(like my wife's) have crash carts, if someone is headed towards Respiratory failure their family has already been reached out to for a dnr. Her unit has been told no covid codes. Once they have the dnr they're moved out of ICU and to one of the units handling covid and given comfort care.

So I heard that for at least the time being they dissolved your wife's unit?

@jimvreeland

There will be a test for antibodies to see who was already infected but not counted.

@jimvreeland

There will be a test for antibodies to see who was already infected but not counted.

Sweet. My body's working hard to develop Covid-20 right now, so they'll need to get a jump on that.

What unit is she on? My wife was per diem on med/surge but frequently got pulled to spine (not sure what the actual unit names were). Shes now in research.

So I heard that for at least the time being they dissolved your wife's unit?

Yup she's been floated to 4 different floors in the past week and has had tent work.

We were going back and forth on where she should try to land in this and we think the tents are the safest place. The expectation is there is Corona so they are "protected." Being on a non-covid floor leaves her open to someone getting around the screening.

Anyway son has a fever and my wife is a 10 pointer this morning on the CDC thing this morning.

Yup she's been floated to 4 different floors in the past week and has had tent work.

We were going back and forth on where she should try to land in this and we think the tents are the safest place. The expectation is there is Corona so they are "protected." Being on a non-covid floor leaves her open to someone getting around the screening.

Anyway son has a fever and my wife is a 10 pointer this morning on the CDC thing this morning.
that sucks, hope they feel better

My wife is just waiting....she knows her number will come up sooner or later.

What unit is she on? My wife was per diem on med/surge but frequently got pulled to spine (not sure what the actual unit names were). Shes now in research.

I don't want to say her unit out in the open. She use to be med surge where the covid patients are on

Reactions: rlb
that sucks, hope they feel better

My wife is just waiting....she knows her number will come up sooner or later.

I think they need to take volunteers for covid and pay them. RWJ is giving 4k for that they are doing shit for them here. They are rotating the nurses which is stupid, put people in there and don't swap them out unless they get sick. They are going to get none covid patients sick on rotation.

Now I'm getting scared. Fox news says Chicago mayor says long runs or bike rides are now prohibited and they will arrest violators.

Count me as one of the possible people with it that can't get tested. Thursday, came down with a headache. Friday, grab my stuff from work and wfh with headache, neck stiffness, body aches, slight cough and slight congestion. Weekend continued with all the aches and pains. Up until this point I was adamant that this was the flu. Sunday develop strange pain across my midsection which comes and goes but has been mostly with me to this day. Finally took temp on Sunday and it was between 100 and 101. Has continually fluctuated from around 99 to over 101 through today. Over the last few days, the headache, neck stiffness and body aches have mostly disappeared, but I now have a more prominent cough and at times just don't feel so good. I've never felt this bad for so long. Every morning I think I feel a bit better, but by end of day I feel like crap (I have been working nonstop during all of this). I've since reconsidered this as something other than the regular flu. I am not running a high temp and/or having serious breathing difficulties so no testing to be had.

I've somewhat isolated myself from my family, sleeping on the couch since Thursday. Tired of feeling like crap and wondering what other ailment I'll be having. Can't go anywhere just in case, but might never really know. Sucks.

Hey @Mr.Moto how are you doing?

Back
Top Bottom