This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Believe it or not nobody is contending it is. I am not sure why you keep saying this.

Whales don't make goat cheese.

cause everyone says "we are testing more", and that is why the percentage is higher, or the number of cases are higher.
they are saying it is because of testing - it is not.
i don't want to hear how it depends on if there are tests, or how many were administered.

pick 1000 sick people in idaho, and you will get a lower percentage because they have few
cases because they started later.
(did you intentionally pick the state with the highest day-over-day percentage growth?)

besides, now that you agree that the test don't cause it, i don't have to say it anymore ;)

Patrick

Staff member
pffft - I just presented 20 days of data from two hot spots in the most active covid area in the country and you can't explain it!

you hand picked two points - the reason is the rich people in westchester listened and stayed home, while the people in NYC did not.

Patrick

Staff member
not that i don't have anything else to do,
and i'm really not that entrenched in this
i just get the feeling that the NYC data is dominating in raw numbers, and
as a result, the acceleration in other areas is being ignored.

my claim is: that was the same attitude that was taken when it was only a couple hundred cases here,
and that is the mistake.

2 days of day over day.
(day % = new/(end of day total - new)
i'm trying to find the first day of each state.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
you hand picked two points - the reason is the rich people in westchester listened and stayed home, while the people in NYC did not.
hand picked? not at all - you kept saying "they need to catch up" so the place in my where covid first broke out was appropriate to compare. so now it's social distancing is working already? :rolleyes:

Patrick

Staff member
hand picked? not at all - you kept saying "they need to catch up" so the place in my where covid first broke out was appropriate to compare. so now it's social distancing is working already? :rolleyes:

anecdotal.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Dr. on msnbc just said the two reason for NYC's #'s are simply first that they are now testing more and second due to the population density. She said it's the same reason New Orlean's numbers are shooting up since it started around Mardi Gras.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dr. on msnbc just said the two reason for NYC's #'s are simply first that they are now testing more and second due to the population density. She said it's the same reason New Orlean's numbers are shooting up since it started around Mardi Gras.

Many LOLz were had reading that.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
P was called in on off day (tomorrow)
Apparently they pulled from Hackettstown respiratory because Newton (also an AH) seems to be shitshow. I expect this will be all hands on deck from them from here on till this passes.

Mahnken

This is the stuff that scares me. I have way too many family members and friends working with limited supplies. And people our age are getting this and dying.

bigW

Here's the difference: additional dividends don't enrich management, just the shareholders. Stock buybacks increase stock price, and those who decide upon buybacks get stock options. The buyback temporarily increases EPS with less shares, until the executive exercises his options. Now the shareholder is worse off. I would tolerate buybacks if there were no executive stock option compensation.

Yikes, agree it should never be linked to executive compensation. I’d need to check a few legit companies that did buy backs ( rather than dividend ) and see if they had such a shit move in there. Many/most upfront companies don’t dabble with options as the accounting on that is problematic but rather use Restricted Stock Units ( shares ).

Thanks

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
I sent a text to my wife about this since coding would be something she is pretty familiar with, will let you know what she says.....However, im just going to venture a logical guess....They cant call a code blue and have people running all over the hospital with carts and flying into people rooms without proper protection on...so im going to guess there is some other protocol for the time being....I HIGHLY doubt the hospital is just leaving people dying on floor.
Did you say your wife worked in morristown hospital in the ER?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well I saw this on reddit and thought they both would like it. View attachment 123032
Funny, my wife JUST got home from work and was telling me this story. She was saying the peds unit was slow so she was working in triage up front tonight checking people in.

@The Governor of Slacktown So my wife said regarding the coding of covid patients.....in the ER at least, they dont call for crash carts (which is like the tool box with drugs, bone needles, intubation stuff, anything they need to jump start someone again) ...In the ER, this stuff is just around...the carts are around in the rooms, or the stuff is already in the rooms...The ER will have "codes" but they, unlike other floors aren't calling for people with carts...the ER people already are trained in what needs to be done in these cases. So my wife said that with the covid patients there are STRICT rules that people are not allowed in the room with covid patients without being suited up and unlike a typical code siwhere 20 people might go running in (whoever happens to be hanging around), now they are limited to ~5 people....and those people have to be suited up....This shift, my wife never once got to take off her masks, etc. So on other floors that arent the ER...if they call in a code, the most likely will not have all of this equipment laying around as the ER would....so the response team has to come running with this cart...But now, there are rules that they cant just going running into covid patients rooms as they were doing...They need to be suited up and there is a limit to who can go in there....So they aren' t letting people drop dead, its just a change in the procedures.

Top Bottom