27.5+ dying??

Lies.

On topic, the industry has me not even looking at 27.5. I do ride Hart's as my home base, where I think 29ers would shine more, so I guess I got that as an additional reason to go wagon wheeling.
I tried both 27.5.+ and 29 on my Hightower.
You get better traction on the 27.5+ and the bike feels more sporty.
Better roll over on the 29 but I felt like I needed to lean the bike more in the turns.
In the twists... I get the feeling 27.5 will be more fun than the 29. I really think they all have a place which is why... N+1 is the answer.

Better roll over on the 29 but I felt like I needed to lean the bike more in the turns.
In the twists... I get the feeling 27.5 will be more fun than the 29. I really think they all have a place which is why... N+1 is the answer.

Maybe we need 28.25! Could be the ultimate do it all wheel size?????

Have you tried the mullet setup 27+ r and 29 f ????

Edit: also, does the longer surface equate to better grip than wider surface?

Depends on situation. There are things I have a relatively easy time cleaning with 2.8s that I slip on while riding the 29er. The opposite is also true. Things like the root step-ups at Hartshorne are easier with a 29 while a lot of the climbs at Chimney Rock are easier with a 27.5x2.8. They all have their place. Then again, nothing beats a 26x4.8 for straight up traction.

So i
Depends on situation. There are things I have a relatively easy time cleaning with 2.8s that I slip on while riding the 29er. The opposite is also true. Things like the root step-ups at Hartshorne are easier with a 29 while a lot of the climbs at Chimney Rock are easier with a 27.5x2.8. They all have their place. Then again, nothing beats a 26x4.8 for straight up traction.
So I should buy a bike that does both and have 2 wheelsets. Problem solves. N+1 (wheelset edition) they should make a FS fatbike that you can run all 3 options on. The ultimate 1 bike solution.

So i
So I should buy a bike that does both and have 2 wheelsets. Problem solves. N+1 (wheelset edition) they should make a FS fatbike that you can run all 3 options on. The ultimate 1 bike solution.
Salsa Bucksaw
67091CB9-4669-409D-A9FC-AECB9C19A5AD.jpeg

So i

There's plenty of 2 bike replacements out there. Despite my bikes being multi wheel capable, I prefer different bikes paired to a wheel size. Like, I can ride 29ers on my FS but like 27.5 on the hardtail.

There's plenty of 2 bike replacements out there. Despite my bikes being multi wheel capable, I prefer different bikes paired to a wheel size. Like, I can ride 29ers on my FS but like 27.5 on the hardtail.
Honestly, I'll probably stick with 1 size as I should get good at 1 thing rather than messing around.

If we have things like droppers making it easier are you really getting any better??

I was firmly in this camp, riding a proper, high-BB hardtail. I never dropped my seat except for skate parks.

Today’s faulty geometry almost demands a dropper post. Riding an XL fat bike my dropper has made it much safer on super technical trails, as I can actually move around and finesse the bike.

I was firmly in this camp, riding a proper, high-BB hardtail. I never dropped my seat except for skate parks.

Today’s faulty geometry almost demands a dropper post. Riding an XL fat bike my dropper has made it much safer on super technical trails, as I can actually move around and finesse the bike.
So are you for or against droppers? Your second comment about actually being able to move around is the Benefit

Back
Top Bottom