Which Shimano Brakes for Enduro?

mtn

I'm wanting to stick with Shimano for brakes, but I'm not sure which to get. I was going to buy the leftover XTR M9020, but then I read some negative reviews. Thoughts?

I'm wanting to stick with Shimano for brakes, but I'm not sure which to get. I was going to buy the leftover XTR M9020, but then I read some negative reviews. Thoughts?
The newer four Pistons are strong. Also consider Saints or even Zee

you will want 4 piston brakes for sustained down hill runs at bike parks. if you are staying away with parks you can get away with 2 piston brakes and nice pads.

budget shimano 4 piston is the mt520
or you could get the XT m8100 current line or the XT m8000 prev gen 4 piston line

all have good reviews.

Not saying you made the wrong choice, but XTR/Dura Ace carries a 3 year warranty for defects...if there was a problem, especially at the end-of-life for a generation, you'd get the next gen for free.

Just something to keep in mind in the future.

Rethinking this since I have time to return the XTs. Anyone have TRP, Formula Cura 4, or Magura MT brakes? Really wanting a bit more modulation than my current low end shimanos.

Rethinking this since I have time to return the XTs. Anyone have TRP, Formula Cura 4, or Magura MT brakes? Really wanting a bit more modulation than my current low end shimanos.
I have TRP Slates with the 4 pistons on one bike as they were cheap when I got them to try out. Decent but I'd rather have Shimanos or SRAMs, the XTs are more powerful and the SRAMs modulate better, as everyone's stated, also Hopes are prettier. Overthinking this over your current low-end brakes, listen to the recommendations, get bigger rotors and metallic pads. If you plan to ride your bike at bike parks, consider the Zee/Saints or Codes over the XT/XTRs or Guide/G2s. Stronger bite upfront and less fade.

Btw: what bike you riding and are you planning to race enduro?

I have TRP Slates with the 4 pistons on one bike as they were cheap when I got them to try out. Decent but I'd rather have Shimanos or SRAMs, the XTs are more powerful and the SRAMs modulate better, as everyone's stated, also Hopes are prettier. Overthinking this over your current low-end brakes, listen to the recommendations, get bigger rotors and metallic pads. If you plan to ride your bike at bike parks, consider the Zee/Saints or Codes over the XT/XTRs or Guide/G2s. Stronger bite upfront and less fade.

Btw: what bike you riding and are you planning to race enduro?
Trek Slash Trail/AM/some bike park/enduro days.

Anyone have TRP,
Trp slate gspec on one of my evils . My favorite brakes so far ,modulation for days . Maybe a tad less powerful than guides but better modulation witch translates into carrying more speed .

I got a set of SRAM Code’s and can say they are much better then any Guide’s I’ve run in the past. The feel, modulation, & power are very nice. I’ll go so far to say they are pretty close to Hope V4’s. Maybe a touch better...

Back
Top Bottom