Mahlon Dickerson Reservation Conditions

xrjx

rode Mahlon on Saturday - huge impassable blowdown on ghost, another large tree down at the very end of stone gate

goldsbar

Not good. Not horrible, but not good. Of the trails I went on, Ghost was probably the worst. One very large blockage and a whole bunch of other stuff that can be fixed with a hand saw and a couple of minutes at each spot. Cascade was actually pretty good overall, but has another blockage near where those two huge trees fell by the stream a year or two ago (WTF?). Four Birds did not look good at either end. Stone Gate not bad, but needs a little work. The single track loops by Weldon Rd. aren't bad. Most of the fire roads have blockages in places.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
IMG_20200105_143701.jpg
Screenshot_20200105-143802.png
IMG_20200105_151355.jpg
IMG_20200105_151501.jpg

Helped where I could

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Nice work- I'm assuming that large blockage on ghost is still there?

Yes I cleared alot of the small branches so someone with bigger equipment could just walk in and get cutting. It's for someone who knows what they're doing once you cut the weight the thing is going to roll or spring.

KyleA

Not good. Not horrible, but not good. Of the trails I went on, Ghost was probably the worst. One very large blockage and a whole bunch of other stuff that can be fixed with a hand saw and a couple of minutes at each spot. Cascade was actually pretty good overall, but has another blockage near where those two huge trees fell by the stream a year or two ago (WTF?). Four Birds did not look good at either end. Stone Gate not bad, but needs a little work. The single track loops by Weldon Rd. aren't bad. Most of the fire roads have blockages in places.

I cleared the section right before the waterfall climb. Blue DH needs some work though.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I reported the huge one on stone gate to the parks commission. Who know's if they'll do anything.

I cut down hill touching the switchback before and went around the tree, if they take a while I'll bring some winches and saw and do what I can but don't promise anything

w_b

I been meaning to get up there to check it out, but not anytime soon based on the latest proposed mission names.

Howz about "no blood on Tiger Blood" ? I'd go for that.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I found a very beatup Bontrager trip 100 cycling computer on Black Magic yesterday. It'll be in my car until someone claims it or I clean my car.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions