Who owns the most working bikes? Answer Fire Lord Jim 27

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Un fact. Even diamonds can be turned to dust.

#fakeDiamondDust

1575511883874.png

TimBay

I seem to have experimented with uploading gifs beyond a point of useful and informative communication - a standard I prefer not to abandon. Back to bike talk...
Well you know what they say...different strokes for different persons.

GreenMachine

Good memory. One of my favorite demos in the past year was the Tallboy V3. While very competent for 110mm rear, is just not enough bike for the chunk that I typically ride. The Tallboy V4 and 2020 Hightower are both a little too slack for my needs. Coming from a bike with a 69.5 degree head angle, just couldn’t get used to the current ultra slack trend. Settled on a leftover 2019 Hightower as the head angle at 67 degrees is slack enough to help with trail features but steep enough for the Northeast switchbacks. Is it me, or are most mountain bikes designed for out west?
You know your stuff ! Yes I do think many of these bikes are made for West coast riding ...The whole new mega tower / Hightower 20’ are way more than you need around here , save for a few places here & there,

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
You know your stuff ! Yes I do think many of these bikes are made for West coast riding ...The whole new mega tower / Hightower 20’ are way more than you need around here , save for a few places here & there,
Your Pivot 429 is a great choice for anywhere. Well balanced design and nothing beats the DW link.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
So why did you not buy a DW link?
I prefer the way that the DW link stays high in the travel, feels solid and is there when you need it on the big hits. I like the Pivot and the Ibis as they both use the DW and were also on my list. Just liked the fit and feel of the Hightower the best and the amount of suspension is what I’m looking for at this time. The Ripley and 429 both have a 120mm rear while the Hightower is 135. Anything with similar or a little more suspension than the Hightower is more slacked out or too much bike for my needs at this time. Let’s face it, most bikes are great these days. We are all splitting hairs literally over millimeters when we are shopping. You have a great all around bike(5010) that be ridden anywhere. It’s also one of the most fun bikes to ride. Would have been my choice if I was in the market for a 27.5.

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I’m at 8, of which 4 I ride regularly.
3 mountain bikes and a road bike which I ride regularly.
Dirt jumper and bmx bike I ride very rarely.
CX bike has been sitting on the trainer unused for over a year now.
DH bike which I share with my son but will be solely mine when he goes to college.

That doesn’t include all my son(s) bike(s).....which I need to start selling.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@qclabrat As others have confirmed. Just 2x4's screwed into the ceiling joists. I use the center portion to store extra siding and various moldings; the far end has a few old snowboards I keep as backups. Fits 18 bikes. I just never get rid of anything really.
Trek MTB: Slash 9.8, Remedy 9.9, EX-9, Farley 7, Fisher Rig, Rumblefish, Fuel EX8, Superfly 100
CX Bikes: Lemond Poprad, Boone 7 (2017), Boone 7, Boone 9, CX1
Road: Trek Madone 9.9, Trek 5500, Trek Madone Team
Wife has Marlin
Kid has Remedy 9.8, Pro Caliber 9.8, Farley 7
PLus a couple BMX bikes

The Kalmyk

@qclabrat As others have confirmed. Just 2x4's screwed into the ceiling joists. I use the center portion to store extra siding and various moldings; the far end has a few old snowboards I keep as backups. Fits 18 bikes. I just never get rid of anything really.
Trek MTB: Slash 9.8, Remedy 9.9, EX-9, Farley 7, Fisher Rig, Rumblefish, Fuel EX8, Superfly 100
CX Bikes: Lemond Poprad, Boone 7 (2017), Boone 7, Boone 9, CX1
Road: Trek Madone 9.9, Trek 5500, Trek Madone Team
Wife has Marlin
Kid has Remedy 9.8, Pro Caliber 9.8, Farley 7
PLus a couple BMX bikes

Looks like you have about another 5 feet or so in the back for some more

Top Bottom