Hartshorne Group Ride Raindate 12/21

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I do. I like the section and know the line I like. I eventually want to get fast/skilled enough that I can launch the big root right past the last big drop. Goals.
I have no idea what this trail is or looks like but i hope i get to find out this weekend. Root gaps sound fun!

TimBay

I have no idea what this trail is or looks like but i hope i get to find out this weekend. Root gaps sound fun!
You'll def get to ride it if the weather calms the F down. There's a bunch of roots and stuff you can use to launch here. I only do the lil ones as I'm trying to learn the timing and technique, but it's super fun to pop a foot+ in the air off a 3" root.

Karate Monkey

You'll def get to ride it if the weather calms the F down. There's a bunch of roots and stuff you can use to launch here. I only do the lil ones as I'm trying to learn the timing and technique, but it's super fun to pop a foot+ in the air off a 3" root.

The rock on the claypit connector, heading from Hartshorne.

That is all.

(Much safer than the root you are talking about, if it's the one right at the bottom of the chunk that is a 2'+ drop-to-flat.)

RobW

That is all.

(Much safer than the root you are talking about, if it's the one right at the bottom of the chunk that is a 2'+ drop-to-flat.)
The flat part of the drop on bing bong is so washed out. Sure I’ve done it but it’s pretty sketchy landing in sand Then going into a turn.

TimBay

That is all.

Yeah that's the one. There's a ton of other gaps I want to build up to in both parks. I love that rock in the claypit connector. I used to love the rock in rocky point right before the switchback, but haven't sent it since that trail got sketchier from the rain. I'm still trying to learn timing and control, so theres a lot I see that I don't attempt yet. But I'll litterally try to bump jump or hop over almost every 3" root on that section of grand tour where the gator log is just to work on timing and because it's fun. I think harts/huber have been a fantastic place to learn the sport...except for lack of rocks/rock gardens.

AndyJ

Since I’m over there at some point on most weekends anyway, I might just join in on this if
(1) it’s dry, but that’s not looking good right now, with rain forecast Friday evening into Saturday afternoon :(
(2) I can manage to get over there my 9. I always seem to have plans of getting out early for a ride, but land up futzing around all morning and not hitting the trail until noon.

I’ll gladly be part of a slower paced group (beginner or otherwise). As mentioned elsewhere, I‘m the type of rider that prefers the challenge of a slow climb up the water tower trail over a fast ride down. :)

Dingo

Rain_Umbrellas.jpg

Top Bottom