Cush/RV Saturday morning 9:30 11/2

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Ended up doing a TM loop with @shrpshtr325 today - conditions were great, as expected.
Even better after we removed the new trees across the trails.
Well, maybe the leaves added a little to the challenge, but macht nichts.

anyway, i'm thinking 9:30 out of the cush lot, and I'll show you a 7ish mile ride which includes the seasonally open Eagle Trail.
The Eagle Trail is not like any other in RV - it is relatively flat, with a couple rocks, and runs near the water for some nice views.
At 1.5 miles, it adds a nice bit of distance to a rather tight loop.

you'll also learn the correct way to navigate Cush over the saddle, the fun way back along the ridge, and rock the downhill back to the car.
Yes, you will still be hiking with your bike, maybe more than once. it's ok.

anyway, other than the ride along the shore line (the water is down) we'll be doing this loop.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2833576851

1:40 moving slowly, so it will be sub 2 hours.
Climbing, with a little tech, but not too much.
For those looking for a longer day, just keep going past the connector (southernmost point on this track)

Start Location. Parking: https://goo.gl/maps/TemSW8793CHmCXLZ7
If the lot is full, there is another lot across the tracks - if you drive a slammed VW, park across the tracks.

1572639042577.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
5 of us hit the trail - they had to wait for me, so delayed start. Sorry. Honey-do needed attention.

Got in our 7ish miles, even saw a few other people out on the trails ! including @Mare45 exploring the unkept area....

@Robin appreciates the view!

1572713794486.png

@Po123 @M3Tim @jklett on one side of the room, @Robin on the other. Like a HS dance.

1572713857956.png

Tim does not have a flat.

1572713937255.png

Looks like the ranger reopened the white trail from the saddle. The truck was parked in the lot yesterday when we came out.
It is tape, not paint on the trail closed sign.

1572714004902.png

That was fun! Nassau next time around.

jklett

Thanks all for a fun ride and thanks for waiting for me to catch up. I made it further up the climbs than I did last time I was there so I'm happy. One day I'll make them.

Top Bottom