Things that make you frown :(

serviceguy

Large orgs are extremely complex and most users are lazy and frankly idiotic. It's a bad combination and to blame the tool is not really fair IMO.
Not really blaming the tool, it's more like choosing the right tool for the wrong job, if that makes any sense. Corps seem to love the idea that a standard tool can fit any type of process, and sales reps love to feed that BS to them, then it falls on the peasants (on both sides) to make the square peg fit the round hole.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not really blaming the tool, it's more like choosing the right tool for the wrong job, if that makes any sense. Corps seem to love the idea that a standard tool can fit any type of process, and sales reps love to feed that BS to them, then it falls on the peasants (on both sides) to make the square peg fit the round hole.

It's a huge issue. Orgs are also chicken shit to make firm moves. We just implemented our tool somewhere and we suggested to improve adoption they turn off other channels of input. But they refuse. So you can email, call, use the service portal, use our tool, or walk into the on-site genius bar. Having 5 options is not a good solution. Next week they are going to add a 6th means of requesting things: chalk on the bathroom stalls.

serviceguy

It's a huge issue. Orgs are also chicken shit to make firm moves. We just implemented our tool somewhere and we suggested to improve adoption they turn off other channels of input. But they refuse. So you can email, call, use the service portal, use our tool, or walk into the on-site genius bar. Having 5 options is not a good solution. Next week they are going to add a 6th means of requesting things: chalk on the bathroom stalls.
One of our executive just suggested we should look into telepathy and crystal balls...

TimBay

For me, it's easy.

Step 1: make friends with a Product support type person. The ones that filter the tickets.
Step 2: butter them up when you have to ask questions about how to sibmit your ticket so that it doesnt get kicked back...also so they have it on their radar to push through to product.
Step 3: let product handle it and wash your hands of the whole thing.

Donezo.

iman29

Large orgs are extremely complex and most users are lazy and frankly idiotic. It's a bad combination and to blame the tool is not really fair IMO.

@Juggernaut ServiceNow is 100x better than Remedy it's just that usually the implementation partner is garbage. If your fridge delivery man dropped it at your house from a helicopter at 3000' up, is it a fridge problem or a delivery problem?

My former employer did a 2.5 year project to put in remedy then the new CIO came in and before remedy was even finished he mandated Service Now.

Same issue they tried to make the portal user friendly and all it did was confuse people
And all the tickets went to the wrong groups anyway.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Because of the strava challenge, I started with a particular mileage in mind with an intent to complete so... didn't want to reverse course... not that it came across my mind to do so. Either way... cross wind was the one that really bothered me.

teasing you, ya know...

Top Bottom