2019 Bear Scat 50

onetracker

Just so you get the full effect; David Crosby at Red Rocks tonight.
49673DAC-D6EF-4D77-992D-2F15BA0BDF75.jpeg
I'll be there if i can get the dust off my dinosaur and dry rot off my tires.
When i die i want to come back and have your life...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Let me know if you plan on racing and I will pick something up for you to eat when I shop for the aid station. It would probably be veggie burgers plus the sides that come with the BBQ: cookies and salad. We have not many requests for veg options but are happy to accommodate.

Thanks for looking out son!! I'm actually going to skip this to do a local training ride so, next time.

Joe J

Great day today thanks Blackbear !!! for putting on this event. Could be even better if more so called MTB'ers around here weren't scarred to show up :(

Steve Vai

Great day today thanks Blackbear !!! for putting on this event. Could be even better if more so called MTB'ers around here weren't scarred to show up :(

There's so much going on these days, participants are all over the place. Many are just looking for a new challenge. Gravel has gotten huge as well as organized road events. Most of the field registered for the Hillier than Thou Century tomorrow are former BS50 racers.

Many of my customers just did it in previous years to say they completed it, now that they have, there's no reason to do it again. Blackbear probably can run some info on repeat participants?

This is a good event so people will come back. I feel like the time of year is not great now. Same story for every race competing against CX in Fall and NICA in Spring. There's like an 8 week window in the middle, but that's when H2H is.

Also, people don't have the extra spending cash they used to. With events being around $100+ gas and food, it's not cheap.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good times yesterday!

I have been racing waywayanda since 2009 and that was the best conditions I have ever seen a course there.... You could have walked the plymouth trail in white shoes....

I haven't done the bs50 in a while since I don't typically race in the fall but since I flatted out of the iron furnace, I wanted to get 1 race in at waywayanda this year. The 25mi was perfect, 2.5ish hours and done. Great course, well marked, food was awesome! @jimvreeland... They had beans, potato salad and Cole slaw for you ?.... And bonus I won the 25mi open class.

Fun day

Kaleidopete

Good times yesterday!

I have been racing waywayanda since 2009 and that was the best conditions I have ever seen a course there.... You could have walked the plymouth trail in white shoes....

I haven't done the bs50 in a while since I don't typically race in the fall but since I flatted out of the iron furnace, I wanted to get 1 race in at waywayanda this year. The 25mi was perfect, 2.5ish hours and done. Great course, well marked, food was awesome! @jimvreeland... They had beans, potato salad and Cole slaw for you ?.... And bonus I won the 25mi open class.

Fun day
ut.jpg

Steve Vai

Good times yesterday!

Fun day

I was ready to go until I got my new bike on Friday, then my plans changed. Nothing trumps a new bike!! Not even baked beans.

Joe J

Good times yesterday!

Fun day

Must have been the fancy new Tech!!!!

Top Bottom