Any cyber sleuths here?

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
denzelwatson1956@gmail.com , markbryant2580@gmail.

So these are the email addresses of some of the individuals who has scammed my mother out of close to $35k recently. Anyone have the ability to at least find out what country the ip address comes from. Just trying to get her to stop paying. If you need the actual emails. I can forward them to you.

If you help, you have done more than the FBI or local police.

Last edited:

Piston Honda

Assuming your mother's email is also Gmail, you can see the origin IP of any email in Gmail (in desktop browser, not app) if you click on the 3 dots and select "Show original". Then scroll down and look at "Received:" in the raw header output. This will have the domain or IP.

PM me if you need help.

Edit: Updated for clarity

Last edited:

iman29

Excuse my language but Fucking bastards. Taking advantage of older people sucks. My aunt got scammed for a lot too last year and now she’s in trouble with her assisted living place for not having sufficient funds as collateral.

I’m in IT for 28 years I can take a look Monday since I’m at the Garden state fondo all day tmw. Might be able to get more info like @Piston Honda said and make a little summary.

Fwd to ilaudor@hotmail.com. I also know some more security type IT people they got fancy ways to search too.

Hope I can help it’s worth a try if it helps
To stop then. Have to be careful when trying to investigate on your own that they don’t come after your stuff too though.

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
Excuse my language but Fucking bastards. Taking advantage of older people sucks. My aunt got scammed for a lot too last year and now she’s in trouble with her assisted living place for not having sufficient funds as collateral.

I’m in IT for 28 years I can take a look Monday since I’m at the Garden state fondo all day tmw. Might be able to get more info like @Piston Honda said and make a little summary.

Fwd to ilaudor@hotmail.com. I also know some more security type IT people they got fancy ways to search too.

Hope I can help it’s worth a try if it helps
To stop then. Have to be careful when trying to investigate on your own that they don’t come after your stuff too though.

I'm not worried about me. SHe keeps handing it over. She honestly believes she knows these people and they are trust worthy. She has never met anyone in person, so it's just email promises. My Sister just found some maxed out CC's so there is more than we even know about. Police say we can't do anything on her behalf. The form you fill out for the FBI is there to make you feel better. I don't think anything is done with it. My sister found a folder with thousands of dollars of recipts for gift cards.

1TrackMind

Sorry to hear about your mother. There was a pretty interesting “The Weekly” on this topic, available on Hulu, where people in Nigeria were using fake Facebook accounts, the show used some sort of a link to get the location of the scammers , even when the victim new they were from Nigeria and scamming her, she still gave $, amazing how many people are falling victim to these scams and continue to hand over money against all rationale. Good luck working this out

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
the credit cards can be ignored - i believe it is theft by deception. might need a lawyer.

I'm feeling for you - wish i could help, even being a techie, if i was running the scam, i'd be invisible.
VPN, various devices, etc.

the best way to get them would actually be to send them an email and make them open something
that could be traced. if they are really unsuspecting, send them a gift by mail. promise them gold chains or something?
might even be difficult.

damn..

i had a saleman sell my 80yo father-in-law a 10 year deferred annuity. like in his house, with another guy there.
yeah, he probably lost his license over that one, but at least we knew who he was and what company.
people suck.

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
the credit cards can be ignored - i believe it is theft by deception. might need a lawyer.

I'm feeling for you - wish i could help, even being a techie, if i was running the scam, i'd be invisible.
VPN, various devices, etc.

the best way to get them would actually be to send them an email and make them open something
that could be traced. if they are really unsuspecting, send them a gift by mail. promise them gold chains or something?
might even be difficult.

damn..

i had a saleman sell my 80yo father-in-law a 10 year deferred annuity. like in his house, with another guy there.
yeah, he probably lost his license over that one, but at least we knew who he was and what company.
people suck.

I'm not looking to catch them. If the police and FBI can't/don't do anything about the $3 billion scammed from the elderly annually, I doubt I'll succeed while selling bikes at the shop. Just looking for some type of proof to snap her out of the belief that she know these people. Obviosly some type of dimentia is starting. Getting old sucks. Gonna go ride my E-bike.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm not looking to catch them. If the police and FBI can't/don't do anything about the $3 billion scammed from the elderly annually, I doubt I'll succeed while selling bikes at the shop. Just looking for some type of proof to snap her out of the belief that she know these people. Obviosly some type of dimentia is starting. Getting old sucks. Gonna go ride my E-bike.

any chance you can get into her email and block them? both by address and perhaps content?
have they talked on the phone? used messenger?

I'm sure you've researched it, and i'm just thinking off the top of my head.
have a good ride.

RobW

You may need to scam her... I’ll accept any form of payment to scam her into reality... ;)

moose35

You may need to scam her... I’ll accept any form of payment to scam her into reality... ;)
This is actually a great idea. Have someone try to scam her about you/someone else while you/someone else is standing right there.

Top Bottom