Ringwood 2019 Trail work days.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Jorba plans to continue working and hopefully complete the Crossover Trail reroute this year. What this means is that you will be able to ride from top of Piersons Ridge all the way down to Sloatsburg Rd on new and updated single track. Building begins next week. Upcoming work days include:

Dirty Thursdays: every Thursday ( until 9/5/19 ) 4pm - 7pm. RSVP for work site location. (No work on July 4 or August 22)

National Trail Day June 1 (Saturday) . Done and Thank You! Please come out Thursdays and help get this trail open.

Saturday June 22: Meet at Shepherds Lake by 8:30 am.

Saturday August 17: Meet at Shepherd Lake Lot by 8:30 am.

Saturday August 31: 8:30 Meet location TBA

Tools will be provided, but wear sturdy shoes and work gloves. Long pants recommended. Heavy or steady rain cancels. Contact Art : ellenart82(at)gmail(dot)com

Last edited:

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Crossover Tr Update: The second to last section of Crossover Reroute is cleared and roughed in, thanks to the 30 volunteers that came out on National Trails Day. Much rock work is still needed to be done. Looking to put your signature on some sweet rocks? Please come out the next few weeks on Thursdays and help get this section complete and open. Jobs include rock work, crush and dirt hauling. Some pruning is needed as well, if heavy work is not your thing.

We are getting close to completion on this major reroute. Lets make it happen so we can ride it!

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
We just added next Saturday June 22 to our work schedule. Meet at Shepherds Lake by 8:30 am. Let the toll person know you are there for Jorba Trail work.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I am excited to report that the second to last portion of re-route is complete thanks to our last Saturday volunteers and a long day Art put in Monday. Now onto the last section which will take a bit longer. Tomorrow will be last day eligible for 2019 race Paydirt, so if you are looking to get your hours, please come out. Weather is looking good.

Hope to see you all out working or on the trails riding soon!

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Weekend work date added: Saturday July 20. Meet at Shepherds Lake at 8:30 am.

The first few turns are in on our last section of new trail going up to Lot A trail. If you want to ride it this summer, we are going to need some help as it is a fairly long section. Volunteers wanted !! Consider coming out on Dirty Thursday or or a weekend.

IMG_6170.jpg

IMG_6174.jpg

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Thanks to the many energetic volunteers that came out to help at Ringwood today. We completed the last turn and only have a 100 feet or so to go. The last 20 feet are going to need a ton of rock, but the park may be able to help us out with some. We still hope to complete this trail by the end of the month.

Just a reminder that there will be no Dirty Thursday next week Aug. 22, but we will be back at the work site on Thursday Aug. 29 and Saturday August 31.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
We had a great group of volunteers today and I am happy to report that crossover re-route is complete! Thank you volunteers !!!

We may go back and do some finish work on Thursday, but for the most part, it is good to go. The park has signs on order, but in the mean time, please take caution crossing the road. It is a busy road within the park. You will notice some tight turns before the road. I know they may seem flow buster, but strava reports show 19mph on that trail and already one cyclist has run into a car. Thankfully, no injuries. Be safe out there and happy trails . :)

topped.jpg

woaaa.jpg

chris12453

I'm going to see if I can break my speed record again. Hit that section hotter than 19mph once. All jokes aside, good work, I'll check it out soon. I don't go to Ringwood much anymore as I spend most of my time in Wayway or Jervis.

bucknejo

Apologies the only way I can contribute is to pack down the dirt with my tires.

Is there a preferred route on this map that can hit all the sections? Maybe something from Lot A?

rw-white-re-route.png

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Apologies the only way I can contribute is to pack down the dirt with my tires.

Is there a preferred route on this map that can hit all the sections? Maybe something from Lot A?

View attachment 104336
The above map does not show all the new white. Start in Lot A "future white" and follow across street at pipeline. Follow blazes all the way down to Ringwood Manor on Sloatsburg Rd. ...or hang a right where the map says under construction connector to Sterling, and take right on red to left on orange to power line towards Sterling.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions