What have you done to your bike today?

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
20190825_154619.jpg

Turned up the volume on the following . 1 degree angleset and pike 140 ultimate rc2 .

pkovo

New bars and grips for my 9 year olds BMX. Now that she's started hitting the track, I figured I would replace the heavy old steel set of bars I had put on it with some lighter ones that have a better bend.

Guessing she'll ask me to remove the oversized moto pad, but trying to sneak it through. I would wrap her and the whole bike in bubble wrap if I could.

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

pkovo

Where were those pics taken ? What track?

Hunterdon County BMX. Route 12 up in or near Flemington....behind the big library. That was this past Saturday which was her first time ever, and my first time on a track in nearly 35 years!

It's a USABMX sanctioned track. There's another one in Howell and then one down in Egg Harbor TWP. It's really fun, though I'm just riding in practice, not racing. Beats sitting on the sidelines.

My street trials bike converted to a wanna be DJ bike isn't really the right tool for the job, but its still so amusing. At least until I crash hard in one of the asphalt turns, then I'll probably rethink the sidelines thing :p

Jbyrd13

Re-installed my KS LEV Integra after warranty work. Post is new with minimal ride time. The post was hard to move during last weekend's ride. Sent the post to KS last Monday. Received post today with a warranty invoice stating the cartridge was replaced. If this becomes a common issue will replace with a Fox Transfer.

scotth

Hunterdon County BMX. Route 12 up in or near Flemington....behind the big library. That was this past Saturday which was her first time ever, and my first time on a track in nearly 35 years!

It's a USABMX sanctioned track. There's another one in Howell and then one down in Egg Harbor TWP. It's really fun, though I'm just riding in practice, not racing. Beats sitting on the sidelines.

My street trials bike converted to a wanna be DJ bike isn't really the right tool for the job, but its still so amusing. At least until I crash hard in one of the asphalt turns, then I'll probably rethink the sidelines thing :p
That’s great.....I was there too for the first time in 29 years....My son was riding around on my old bike, great place

pkovo

Swapped the smallest cog on my trials bike from a 13t down to an 11t to net a better ratio for the BMX track. However with the wonky setup of this bike, I fear it may skip under hard pedaling. Bike has 5 cogs and it shifts, but the chainline is definitely setup best for the biggest (trials) cog.

If I am going to continue to ride this thing at the BMX track I'll need to make some real changes to it, but can't decide if it is worth it versus just picking up a ratty little BMX cruiser for the track. I also have to see if/how into BMX my daughter gets.

Top Bottom