Allaire Conditions

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
On a side note. CHIGGERS ARE BACK.
Wash up good after your ride and spray wit feet. Just sayin, no joke
PicsArt_07-26-07.26.27.jpg

RSAmerica

03DF8107-1D9D-482E-A3FA-2C4936FA0B4B.jpeg

I take a shower right in the parking lot right after each ride. It cools you off and washes off the tick and chiggers. You can also just fill some empty soda bottles with water and rinse your arms and legs. If you get the ticks and chiggers off right away they will not cause problems.

TAS

On a side note. CHIGGERS ARE BACK.
Wash up good after your ride and spray wit feet. Just sayin, no joke
View attachment 100870
Hmmm... that looks familiar...just like the bites on my leg! Mercer has those critters as well. 1000 times worse than ticks because you can't see'm until they have already had their meal and left. They don't suck blood. Their saliva dissolves skin which they then eat and the saliva is what causes the histamine reaction!
Beware....If you have been exposed, they will remain in your clothing, shoes & socks too! Freaking bites take forever to heal. I'll take ticks any day.

TAS

Rusty

on day three with an obscene number of chigger bites up and down both legs, torso, arm, back. Death would be welcome...I'd take 100 ticks over this. F*ck Allaire. You won't see me there until the hard freeze.

Karate Monkey

on day three with an obscene number of chigger bites up and down both legs, torso, arm, back. Death would be welcome...I'd take 100 ticks over this. F*ck Allaire. You won't see me there until the hard freeze.

Wear sun sleeves, y'all. Being warm is preferable to being in bug bite hell. Co-worker turned me on to them, and they've done a good job keeping me bite free this past two years.

Pearl Izumi makes full-leg versions.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
See my rules! Sorry to hear. Heal up

Frank

Sasquatch

Stay away....it's too chiggery

I was off the bike for 5 months and came back and got only a couple of bites, but I feel about the same.

Psalmanazar

Stay away....it's too chiggery

I was off the bike for 5 months and came back and got only a couple of bites, but I feel about the same.

Me too! I thought it was fleas. Bites all over my legs and feet. They’ve been itching me for almost 2 weeks now! I went riding again in Allaire yesterday, but tried to stay on the main trails away from the grassy areas. I think I picked up a few more bites, even with bug spray. They really do itch like hell!

GreenMachine

I wasn’t even aware this was a thing @ Allaire but F now I know why my legs looked like Mitch above.
And it doesn’t go away quickly

Gnick

View attachment 100871
I take a shower right in the parking lot right after each ride. It cools you off and washes off the tick and chiggers. You can also just fill some empty soda bottles with water and rinse your arms and legs. If you get the ticks and chiggers off right away they will not cause problems.
this + deet and permethrin. and i havent ever seen a tick or chigger on me. knock on wood.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions