Water Company Trails Conditions

Robin

I had a feeling it would be bad. And it was. Thick mud, large trees down, and now overgrowth. A bit disheartening.

IMG_20190522_185556_1.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
@Robin how much cutting needs to be done? I can get back there sometime soon.
I rode from baldpate, up the green way and started to go into water co to just ride the opening little downhill. It was over grown and wet enough that I just turned around. July is when mike and I started trimming last year and it was really bad. I don’t think it was fully oopened up last year with the wet, so I would expect it is basically everywhere on the northeastern part of the loop, which I think is red?

Robin

I rode from baldpate, up the green way and started to go into water co to just ride the opening little downhill. It was over grown and wet enough that I just turned around. July is when mike and I started trimming last year and it was really bad. I don’t think it was fully oopened up last year with the wet, so I would expect it is basically everywhere on the northeastern part of the loop, which I think is red?

@clarkenstein I started in Lambertville and came up Quarry Rd via Orange/Red. It was bad. My arms and legs are torn. But with all the mud, it's probably just better to wait anyway. As for the trees, a "tree guy" with power saw needs to get in there. I know I'm short, but one tree I had to sit on to get over.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I can get in there with some power. But I’ll hold off until it dries a little. I’ll probably just go in on foot anyway with that much work to be done.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
@clarkenstein I started in Lambertville and came up Quarry Rd via Orange/Red. It was bad. My arms and legs are torn. But with all the mud, it's probably just better to wait anyway. As for the trees, a "tree guy" with power saw needs to get in there. I know I'm short, but one tree I had to sit on to get over.
Also, the greenway was better than expected however it seemed better climbing it as when I went back down, some of the mud holes made me yell “OH”! One or two big fall trees have been removed since the winter, curious is that was “the” tree guy.

Scott

Anybody been over here lately? I was going to head over this afternoon as a first timer there , but the posts from May scared me.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Anybody been over here lately? I was going to head over this afternoon as a first timer there , but the posts from May scared me.
Word on the street is that the Yellow Loop / Western Side is good and that the Red / eastern side is super over grown.

Riverrat

Rode there tonight for the first time since last winter. Rained soooo much I was busy ww kayaking. Was really cool to get back. Are their any trail maintenance days planned? I would help with trimming especially on red.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Rode there tonight for the first time since last winter. Rained soooo much I was busy ww kayaking. Was really cool to get back. Are their any trail maintenance days planned? I would help with trimming especially on red.

Thanks RR - you are welcome to trim anytime you want - (i know, always more fun to suffer together)
Stop in and chat with the team at https://pureenergycycling.com/ - see what they have planned.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
DEA04BF3-088D-4E7D-BA66-31DCD3DC55A1.png

This is the red trail, the western point where I stopped there is basically no trail. The western point I could have gone alittle
Further before no more trail.

Greenway is ok, very dry. Lots of overgrowth where you can’t see the trail ahead when going fastly, especially at the bottom.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions