Baldpate Conditions

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Trail from the ridge to red is closed as of some time in early December, no it isn’t the that trail. Yes, it has a sign. The backside is the really wet, as is honey hollow. Something will start to happen soon.
73A98D52-D761-428D-9A68-28CF3DC0672B.jpeg

rosceaux

Yikes!

I have three ratings for trail conditions. Good to ride, good to run, and too damn muddy. As of last night, even the Ridgeline is too damn muddy and I had to turn back about a quarter mile in. (Running from the summit clearing past the spring house) Backside must be a swamp. I would have thought much better conditions for Ridgeline, but it is still remarkably wet. Every other trail is likely in worse condition

rosceaux

That’s funny. Just ran there this morning, first time in months. Will bring my machete next week. It’s all dry. I didn’t see a “trail closed” sign on the top or bottom of the trail that goes down between the two reds.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
That’s funny. Just ran there this morning, first time in months. Will bring my machete next week. It’s all dry. I didn’t see a “trail closed” sign on the top or bottom of the trail that goes down between the two reds.
Yeah, but they reclaimed the entrance at the top.
Work on Copper Trail West

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
The areas in yellow have been trimmed this week and are ready for ripping. The untrimmed section of Copper Hill Trail on the west side of the loop is kinda bad. Place is riptastic right now, dirt conditions are primo.

Attachments

• Baldpate_Mountain_08-16-19.pdf
    8.3 MB · Views: 273

Robin

Not sure if anyone goes down the trail off Church Rd by the ponds, but there is a huge hornet's nest that the park taped off.

IMG_20190831_115242.jpg

Hey guys, rode here last saturday and today. Last saturday the trails were as stated very dry and just primo. It was just a bit wet in spots today from the rain this week but not bad at all. It sucks that the place is really wet most of the year.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Anybody been to Baldpate lately? What are the trail conditions?

Thanks
In general, horrible.
Baldpate drains very poorly, and couple that with poor trail design and it is a bad combo. The ridge trail is the most resilient and would be ok other than the couple mud holes up top.
Keep in mind baldpate is closed for hunting Wednesday-Saturday until early February.

carvegybe

Any thoughts on whether Baldpate will be acceptable to ride tomorrow? Wanting to session copper hill trail east up and down...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Any thoughts on whether Baldpate will be acceptable to ride tomorrow? Wanting to session copper hill trail east up and down...
Ridge trail and snake, meh but ok. Copper East to the horse trail will be blown out but ok, but the remainder of the downhill after horse trail will be a mess. Messy enough that the mud riders have been avoiding it.

Igotsoul4u

I rode the orange trail yesterday. Some wet in the usual spots but pretty good otherwise. Green trail is closed halfway to the creek. Big trees down.

carvegybe

Conditions prediction for tomorrow? Was thinking of riding from washington crossing via baldpate to water company/Lambertville...

Igotsoul4u

It was very wet last week. Probably still very sloppy on the orange trail. I sort of regretted going last week. Lots of people there as well.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So I had to divert trail improvement work to trimming as it has EXPLODED in the last couple weeks. Good news is that heavy trimming the last two years is making the trimming easier and the majority is new/small growth.

Anyways, this morning I opened up most of Copper East (some minor stuff to still get) down to No Horse (connector you Green/Kuser trail) and did pretty much all of No Horse. There is a large rotted tree that is killing the line on copper East but you can get around easily. In any case, it is ready for ripage! Probably one of my favorite trail sections in the area.

Last week I did snake as well, except for the last 0.1 mile.

Overall conditions are good with the backside still wet as usual. One rock garden on the backside has a tree down in the middle which is causing bad drainage to be even worse. Will get eventually.

58F97159-D15B-4379-BE50-E4D9D08999E1.jpeg
CF379E92-E0D7-42B1-99F7-33EFD43645C8.jpeg

Top Bottom