Mercer County Park Conditions

Mountain Bike Mike

giphy.gif

Dynamic schedule - my new life... sorry

TAS

THANK YOU :thumbsup:to Strugglebus & Big Al for their efforts last evening.
Al ran the brush hog on Red from East Picnic to the tennis center. No more ankle biters or face slappers.
We removed the tree blocking the entrance off of the paved path to Red next to the creek.

Struggle Bus & I cleared the two large trees on Red near the BMX pit.
We know that there are a few more trees down here & there and we will get to them.

No ETA as to when we can get over to Blue north of the power lines.

Mike, your willingness to participate was noted... maybe next time.
There are priorities greater than TM..... Like working and family!

TAS

Attachments

• DSCN2137.JPG
    DSCN2137.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN2138.JPG
    DSCN2138.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 148

Big Al

The park is getting cleaned up slowly but surely. Thanks to Tom and Chris for cutting the trees out there. I ran the brush hog from the East picnic area to the tennis center.

Tom and I cleared out the entrance to the Red trail by East picnic too. See pictures.

The park got a lot of rain tonight and last night so gives it some time before you hit the trails.
IMG_20190805_185830.jpg
Before
IMG_20190806_183348.jpg
After

TAS

Al, Thanks for the reminder. I may get out for a ride this afternoon since the weather is so FINE. If I do I'll get e'm.

Scott

Thanks guys... you’re killin it out there with tree and brush clearing ??. I picked up a small saw to tote around for future small clearing besides the easy kick and draggers.
If anyone goes out today can you post trail conditions? I want to make a lap tomorrow AM. Thanks!

TAS

Thanks guys... you’re killin it out there with tree and brush clearing ??. I picked up a small saw to tote around for future small clearing besides the easy kick and draggers.
If anyone goes out today can you post trail conditions? I want to make a lap tomorrow AM. Thanks!
Scott, Firstly thanks for packing a saw! Every little bit helps the next person thu.:)

I got out for a while this afternoon. Red, Orange and Yellow are all clear all the way into Van Nest. I did clear the last tree on Red near the paved path. (1st Pic)
The Grail Trail, Blue along the lake, Son Of Blue and Blue to the rowing center are all clear. However, Blue north of the power lines is a mess:eek:
I started at the South Post road entrance and never made it 1/4 of the way around. We will have to get out there with the big saws.
I did some clearing by the first ponds so that you can get past walking a bike over or hiking.

Check out 5th pic. That is the entire top of a oak tree that that landed straight down onto the trail! There is a walk around started but that monster has to go.
With the level of damage I observed there is bound to be more stuff down further along.
See Pics

TAS

Attachments

• DSCN2141.JPG
    DSCN2141.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCN2142.JPG
    DSCN2142.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN2143.JPG
    DSCN2143.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN2144.JPG
    DSCN2144.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCN2145.JPG
    DSCN2145.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN2147.JPG
    DSCN2147.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Big Al

Ride and trimming at Mercer today. Cleared some of Grail Trail, Upper Blue, and Orange. Upper Blue is totally blocked near the corn field. Trails are overgrown everywhere with faceslappers too. Dead fawn on trail in Van Nest (gross).
IMG_20190810_144931_1.jpg
IMG_20190810_153705.jpg
IMG_20190810_155923.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190810_143006.jpg
    IMG_20190810_143006.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 132

TAS

Mick714

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Trails are in good shape. Needs trimming on Upper Blue and near the volleyball courts. Tree down on Blue near the double bridge. Another big tree down on Upper Blue. View attachment 104862View attachment 104863
Tom and I took care of this tree this morning and cleared some small stuff down near the lake going left after the double bridges
Tom took some photos I am sure he will post later today

TAS

Cleared the tree today.... We also cleared the trail margin on blue by the lake and dropped a dead tree.
FYI The brush hog won't be available any time soon. (loooong story) We have other power trimming tools to use at the next TM.

We are aware of the tree on upper blue and will get to it. Ran out of time today.

Keep the reports coming and we will get it done.

TAS
DSCN2185.JPG
DSCN2187.JPG

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Cleared the tree today.... We also cleared the trail margin on blue by the lake and dropped a dead tree.
FYI The brush hog won't be available any time soon. (loooong story) We have other power trimming tools to use at the next TM.

We are aware of the tree on upper blue and will get to it. Ran out of time today.

Keep the reports coming and we will get it done.

TAS
View attachment 105313View attachment 105314
Awesome.

But I thought you were a human powered cutting machine!

TAS

Mick & I removed the tree on Upper blue on Tuesday.
We also cut back and cleared some brushy areas to pull the ride line up slope a bit and out of some soft wet spots. Filled one big hole with rocks. We have some ideas about how to improve this section. Hopefully we can get to that work later this fall into early winter.

Regular TM is this Saturday 9/2. Please come on out and show some love for the place you love to ride....

TAS

Attachments

• DSCN2142.JPG
    DSCN2142.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN2189.JPG
    DSCN2189.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 134

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions