Cannondale Synapse BB and headset questions

ebarker9

So I picked up a 2019 Synapse with the Ultegra Di2 setup and it's pretty sweet, but I am having two glaring issues. The first being the headset.

The Cannondale manual shows the use of the K35058 compression assembly with a top cap that looks like a cap. They suggest a 3mm drop from the top of the steerer to the stem. It looks as though the top cap would then extend down a few mm and snug up against the stem to tighten the assembly. Simple. However, my top cap has a flat top. If I assembled it this way, I'd be tightening the steerer against the...steerer. I've tried the normal setup with the stem proud of the steerer but the top cap then loosens. Thinking I have the wrong part but could be missing something obvious.

The second issue is...surprise, I seem to have the standard BB creak that seems to infect these bikes. The internet suggests installing new bearings with Loctite 609 and a primer. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

IMG_20190721_190424.jpgIMG_20190721_190437.jpgIMG_20190721_190452.jpg

Put the top cap on. Thread it down a few threads. Use a smaller hex key to loosen the compression plug. The whole assembly will drop into the fork about a cm. Retighten the compression plug. Adjust top cap as needed.

Put the top cap on. Thread it down a few threads. Use a smaller hex key to loosen the compression plug. The whole assembly will drop into the fork about a cm. Retighten the compression plug. Adjust top cap as needed.

Thanks. The expansion wedges should roughly align with the lower stem bolt? Looks like it matches the supersix instructions.

Back
Top Bottom