OOS MOGA

JerseyPete

So many choices and ideas. I think the heat is getting to all of us.
In the 70's at 6AM tomorrow.
1563670074431.png

liong71er

guys, hydrate a week before D-day (do this as your habits) for Racing or for fun same way except quantity are a bit different
consume plenty of vegetables and fruits... and also drinks not just Aqua but electrolytes drinks
And also drinks electrolytes drinks during and after
Rides
Clifblocks is good choices for energy and hydration

Take a sip of fluids every time your body tell you to
Don’t wait until thirsty

(Well,,some of you probably knows how to take care your own body)

Have fun as I am will too tomorrow!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Bails of hay?
Its going to be miserable weather wise and I really can't blame anyone who would want to bail.
Just came back from cleaning and lubing my chain and I was drenched.
Thinking of filling the camelbak with gatorade instead for tomorrow... o_O
Cramping is going to be an issue for me tomorrow so I am going to take it easy and hang in the back.... but I do that all the time anyways lol

BPaze

I am considering these rims to go with my frame, @BPaze what you think

all feedback welcomed
For your 27.5 I would do internal width of 35-40 mm it’s a better fit for 3” tires. 27-35 for your 29 wheelset depending how narrow you want to go.

Love the look of the frame

Its going to be miserable weather wise and I really can't blame anyone who would want to bail.
Cramping is going to be an issue for me tomorrow so I am going to take it easy and hang in the back.... but I do that all the time anyways lol
I am a lil concerned about cramping as well but we will take our time on climbs and enjoy the downs or we can bag it and go to MCBP so no climbing

Last edited:

Kangdoy

Your second suggestion of WC and beer at the Batcave sounds better....:p

serviceguy

What is the meeting point for RW tomorrow? Ryerson or @oobaa47 ’s starting point ? And what time? I’m going to be ready to roll at 7, under the tree the temperature is better but the umidità is killer. It just did some rain too so tomorrow is going to be steamy!

oobaa47

What is the meeting point for RW tomorrow? Ryerson or @oobaa47 ’s starting point ? And what time? I’m going to be ready to roll at 7, under the tree the temperature is better but the umidità is killer. It just did some rain too so tomorrow is going to be steamy!
Sorry guys, didn't mean to complicate things, just mentioned an alternative. If you're looking for an 1:30ish ride, without the typical Ringwood tech, this would be a decent alternative. the most challenging part, would probably be the reverse race course climb, off of Shepherds lake. Here's my Strava from last week:

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/dydcwZZ7uY

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Sorry guys, didn't mean to complicate things, just mentioned an alternative. If you're looking for an 1:30ish ride, without the typical Ringwood tech, this would be a decent alternative. the most challenging part, would probably be the reverse race course climb, off of Shepherds lake. Here's my Strava from last week:

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/dydcwZZ7uY
130? Dude... you're going to melt!

oobaa47

130? Dude... you're going to melt!
Haha, I wanted to start there earlier, and then ride over to Ryerson and meet you guys. But I think that would be a little too much. if you guys plan on starting at Ryerson, and then heading all the way up to a ilgelstien rock and back, that's easily going to take an hour and a half to two hours

oobaa47

To be completely impartial, I would say stick to your original plans as posted on Strava. It's been up for several days now. Not sure how many guys plan on showing up at Ryerson that don't read this thread. We could always try those other trails another day. I'll be out there this morning, and I can always show you where they are if you don't know. There's a very fun, roller coaster type section right off of Shepherd lake by the tank.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
To be completely impartial, I would say stick to your original plans as posted on Strava. It's been up for several days now. Not sure how many guys plan on showing up at Ryerson that don't read this thread. We could always try those other trails another day. I'll be out there this morning, and I can always show you where they are if you don't know. There's a very fun, roller coaster type section right off of Shepherd lake by the tank.
Well... the 2 dudes who planned this ride... one bailed @Fire Marshal Max due to family emergency and the other @BPaze asked who is leading. Going to be interesting. :D

I will say... better than no ride?

Top Bottom