Jungle Habitat Conditions

Geddy

Hit up Jungle Habitat today and the trails were in pretty good condition. Couple of muddier parts around the back (off of the airport parking lot) but they are very easy to avoid. Hadn't been here in years and it delivered like it always did!

Geddy

Went back to Jungle Habitat this past weekend and it was primo again, as expected! Did the whole damn loop in reverse, starting at the bottom and going up Boulderdash, Boon, Cages/Tanks/Rhino etc. Such a fun descent once you hit peak around Warthog.

Anyway, there's a huge downed tree blocking the paved road right at the beginning between Animal Chute and Lower Chute. Would have happily removed it had I my chainsaw handy but unfortunately I did not. It completely blocks anyone passing through, although some Indiana Jones-esque rolling might work.

Next time I'm there I'll get it cleared, although I won't be there until probably the 20th.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Went back to Jungle Habitat this past weekend and it was primo again, as expected! Did the whole damn loop in reverse, starting at the bottom and going up Boulderdash, Boon, Cages/Tanks/Rhino etc. Such a fun descent once you hit peak around Warthog.

Anyway, there's a huge downed tree blocking the paved road right at the beginning between Animal Chute and Lower Chute. Would have happily removed it had I my chainsaw handy but unfortunately I did not. It completely blocks anyone passing through, although some Indiana Jones-esque rolling might work.

Next time I'm there I'll get it cleared, although I won't be there until probably the 20th.
Please don't chainsaw it, we'll take care of it.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
If you're interested, Dave and I are working on otter slide tomorrow night, 5:30 pm at the gate

Geddy

If you're interested, Dave and I are working on otter slide tomorrow night, 5:30 pm at the gate

Unfortunately it's a pretty far drive for me on a weekday, but I'd love in the future if I can make that work.

I am close to Washington Valley/Chimney Rock, Lewis Morris, and Six Mile and would love to help out around there if the opportunity arises, however.

Kaleidopete

Some great work got done on Otter Slide, big rocks for strong guys and smaller rocks for me.
Some dirt work too, a fun time was had by all! Next work to be done in about two weeks. Come join the fun.

Dsc02823.jpg

Dsc02821.jpg

Dsc02822.jpg

Last edited:

Kev

Do you guys think the trails will be rideable Sunday? I have no idea how much snowmelt is still happening.

V-Dub

Do you guys think the trails will be rideable Sunday? I have no idea how much snowmelt is still happening.
The snow is all gone but with all this rain and snow melt a lot of trails will be unrideable

Reactions: Kev

chris12453

Warthog will be out for the most part. Stay away from the lower section. You would need to grab it midway from the far side of the lot. Upper trails will be okay. Can't comment on dump truck and such as I don't ride down there.

Reactions: Kev

gingertooth

Absolutely not. With how the temps are and thaw it will not be rideable anywhere on trail unless you are completely disrespecting those who have made it possible for us mtbrs to ride these trails. Only the dickheads will be out tomorrow. Just have to speak the truth here. Sorry..

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions