Independence Day

Kaleidopete

I rode to the Cherry Ridge cemetery this morning to pay respects to William Utter.

William Utter was a veteran of two wars: The Revolutionary War and the War of 1812.Utter was born in 1757 and died in 1826.
He is buried in the Cherry Ridge Cemetery with gravestones from the 1820s through the 1870s, a good many were still very legible.
His stood out and was decorated with flags , William Utter. His stone reads “William Utter Washington's troops war of 1776 & 1812.”
That's impressive. Here's a man who served our country twice, and he is resting in peace out in the middle of “nowhere,”
but since he was in the middle of nowhere when he settled here, I bet he wouldn't want it any other way

Dsc02792.jpg

Dsc02790.jpg

Way overgrown cemetery
Dsc02799.jpg

Not much use on this trail "Tombstone Trail" Wawayanda
Dsc02785.jpg

Beginning of the trail at the power line.
Dsc02786.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I rode to the Cherry Ridge cemetery this morning to pay respects to William Utter.

William Utter was a veteran of two wars: The Revolutionary War and the War of 1812.Utter was born in 1757 and died in 1826.
He is buried in the Cherry Ridge Cemetery with gravestones from the 1820s through the 1870s, a good many were still very legible.
His stood out and was decorated with flags , William Utter. His stone reads “William Utter Washington's troops war of 1776 & 1812.”
That's impressive. Here's a man who served our country twice, and he is resting in peace out in the middle of “nowhere,”
but since he was in the middle of nowhere when he settled here, I bet he wouldn't want it any other way

View attachment 98914

View attachment 98913

Way overgrown cemetery
View attachment 98910

Not much use on this trail "Tombstone Trail" Wawayanda
View attachment 98911

Beginning of the trail at the power line.
View attachment 98912
Man he was 55 years old and went back to war again.... from what I read it wasn't like he was a general or an officer.... he is still listed as a private... Crazy

domo

was expecting a few more replies but either way hope everyone enjoyed their holiday

Top Bottom