Hello everyone!

Hey guys and gals. Just picked up mountain biking as another hobby in an attempt to get my oldest back outdoors like I used to be at his age! (Hes turning 9 next month.) Picked us up a Trek Wahoo for him and a Marlin 5 for myself. Went out to Jake's Brach today to test it out by myself and man, I thought I was in better shape then I am ?. 3.71 miles and 30 minutes later I was dying. Anywho, I'm located in Lacey, NJ and wouldnt mind tagging along on some group rides of there are any in the future. I definitely plan on getting out there alot more. Allaire will probably be next. Hopefully the upcoming week.
20190605_120958.jpg
20190501_175421.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome - and this is one of the best reasons to ride!!!

OOS is out-of-shape, but it is a varied group that if there is a posted ride, it only goes as fast as the slowest person.
very supportive, and friendly. we've all been there.

Check out NICA NJ - there is a kids' race this w/e. might get your son stoked - and 6MR (six mile run) is a great place to learn a little single track
riding without the pressure of rocks or climbs.

see ya out there!

Welcome - and this is one of the best reasons to ride!!!

OOS is out-of-shape, but it is a varied group that if there is a posted ride, it only goes as fast as the slowest person.
very supportive, and friendly. we've all been there.

Check out NICA NJ - there is a kids' race this w/e. might get your son stoked - and 6MR (six mile run) is a great place to learn a little single track
riding without the pressure of rocks or climbs.

see ya out there!

Wow! Just looked into the NICA NJ group and it looks awesome! I'm definitely going to look into signing my boy up for it. Looking at the pictures I think he'll love it!

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Welcome ?

NICA is a great way for him to meet other mtb kids and get some real quality instruction that can last him a lifetime. It’s amazing how fast these kids advance when surrounded by supportive enthusiastic coaches and peers.

You can learn a thing or two yourself by watching the instruction and then bring that with you out on the trail.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Welcome and great to see a new generation of riders out there. My kids used to ride then turned to video games once they became teenagers. Enjoy.

Welcome!!
Judging by the photos you posted, the stoke level is set to maximum for the boy!!!

NICA starts in 6th grade. If you’re on the book of faces, search out New Jersey Junior Mountain Bikers.

Enjoy the ride!!

6th grade eh..so he has a couple years to go. Hes going into fourth this coming year. But I will be checking out the juniors page you suggested. Anything to get him more involved. I can tell he really wants to learn and would enjoy it since he was mad I went for a ride while he was at school. Thinking of taking him to 6 mile run soon.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Tuesday I usually work all day, which is unfortunate. I'm sure eventually I can work something out with locals to meet up here and there.
Bummer we meet at the hospital road lot for a nice cruise which beacuse of the rain today I think we are going to go out for a Wednesday roll stay tuned.
I also go out on the weekends early.

Top Bottom