Lewis Morris Conditions

TPI_Elky

I plan to ride there today if the conditions aren't too bad. Being relatively new to the place I don't know how well it drains so do you think it's a good idea to ride there today without destroying the trails? I'll be doing some exploring today to get familiar with the park.

The upper sections drain well but there a few places that never dry. I would think it would be mostly good today.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I just got back from the ride it wasn't that bad. Did the yellow loop twice to get a decent workout in. BTW, do people usually ride that loop clockwise our counter-clockwise? I did it counter and I saw a bunch of riders going the other direction. Who knows, there could have been just as many riders behind going the same direction as me I didn't see. Anyway, just curious.
https://www.strava.com/activities/2...74&utm_medium=social&utm_source=android_share

TPI_Elky

I just got back from the ride it wasn't that bad. Did the yellow loop twice to get a decent workout in. BTW, do people usually ride that loop clockwise our counter-clockwise? I did it counter and I saw a bunch of riders going the other direction. Who knows, there could have been just as many riders behind going the same direction as me I didn't see. Anyway, just curious.
https://www.strava.com/activities/2...74&utm_medium=social&utm_source=android_share

I almost always do it clockwise. I'd rather ride the fire roads up instead of down, plus the end going clockwise is so much more fun.

Lately I've used combos of orange, green and red to skip the fire roads on yellow. Still getting used to this route, but its my favorite through the park so far.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2356187045

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't know about trail conditions, but it's POURING in Morristown right now.

TPI_Elky

Don't know about trail conditions, but it's POURING in Morristown right now.

Yeah, I posted before the deluge and thunderstorms. Came down hard in long valley last night.

I didn't go this morning cause of the rain. Hoping some trails are dry this evening after work for a quick spin.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Primo Sunday evening... dusty even. Light rain last night will be good. Get some. Lame rouge trail has popped up on the "big" hill on Patriots heading north of the park before the first road crossing - Completely raked out and obvious and goes straight down the fall line. I agree there's probably a better way down that hill than the original trail but this is not it. Probably the same kids who were building little jumps along the main trail last year. Also saw a new trail branching off Yellow back kinda near Tempe Wick. That one has orange tape on trees and looks way more legit.
Even though Motown got a sprinkle last night, LewMo and Patriot's Path were good for an early morning ride today. Saw a big snapping turtle on PP and a big bear right at the North Loop intersection as you cross the road from LewMo Sunrise Lake to PP. Seems that both the trails i mentioned in the above post were rogue and have since been blocked off.

TPI_Elky

Trails were ok this morning. Went around clockwise from the lake. There were a few more mud puddles than usual (especially on the way back on yellow) but all avoidable. Not sure what it will be like with the rain coming through now.

NJ Gator

Anyone able to weigh in on the potential conditions for tomorrow morning (June 1st)? Not sure if today’s dry weather will be enough to dry everything outand wanted to take a pulse here before taking the 45 minute drive.

stilluf

Great conditions tonight. Still some deep mud on trails by lower lot, but otherwise really good .
Gotta say, too many cheater lines forming; not a good look for MTB.

Mtbdog

If the cheater lines get any worse it'll turn into the Tourne where the lines are terrible and ruined a good part of the ride. No tech anymore there is a way around everything. Real bad.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
The trails were pretty good yesterday. Aside from that one section at the beginning (from the parking lot going clock-wise) near the pond it was pretty much dry with a couple of muddy spots here and there that you can easily avoid.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions