Mahlon Dickerson Reservation Conditions

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Has there been any work out there to improve the fallen trees? I really want to get out and ride here as it's been a while, but the downed tree reports are keeping me away.

The good stuff in the WMA was all clear when I was last there. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

kidzach

I was there about 2 weeks ago and did not notice any trees in the way . Did not do a lot of miles however. Yellow / Wall were in good shape.

Robin

Not sure if this was one of the trees noted back in September...but large tree down on purple. Buzzkill in either direction.

mntal

MD drains great. I rode it yesterday and other than the spots where you would expect running water it was appropriately dry.

xc62701

I was there Sunday morning and even after all the rain there were some wet spots but it was good. Leaves are deep but riding is good. This was on Tiger, ghost, wall, cascade and in between. Some trees down but nothing too crazy. Just step or ride over and keep rolling.

FitmanNJ

Mahlon was in great shape yesterday. If there was any mud there, it was covered with leaves. There was no problem with rutting the trails. The stream/runoff crossings were a little dicey, though, as there was some depth to the water, and I didn't want to stall-out and have to dab in the middle of it.

FitmanNJ

Mahlon was very choppy and icy today. It was only safely rideable with studded tires. Or, as Clint Eastwood would probably put it, "Do you feel lucky...punk?!"
IMG_0560.JPG

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fine but damp spots are pretty damp. Columbo was wetter than average but in the usual places. Black magic was in great shape. First time on it, went uphill but it’s pretty fun.
Parking lot was almost full. Get some!

Shaggz

A strong 7
How are conditions? I’m looking to head here Wednesday morning.
The park drains really well and I would venture to guess that MDR proper is in really great shape, barring rain between now and Wesnesday. The WMA trails near Blue Heron were a little messy and buggy in the low spots, but should be fine overall, too.

xc62701

The park drains really well and I would venture to guess that MDR proper is in really great shape, barring rain between now and Wesnesday. The WMA trails near Blue Heron were a little messy and buggy in the low spots, but should be fine overall, too.
Awesome thanks!!!

goldsbar

It's in great shape. Most of the downed logs are gone/cut. Minimal overgrowth issues. Only parts of the WMA still have water issues (i.e. large puddles on the dirt roads).

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions