Ask Norm Next Tuesday

TimBay

Demographically speaking, odds are like 30% of Nickleback haters were totally into it when they first came out. They sold millions and millions of records. So, which one of you was it? Who has Nickleback on their iTunes?

Also, Creed was worse in my opinion.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Actually, I do have a question. Why does everyone claim to hate Nickelback?

No, I’m serious.

I mean I wouldn’t pay money to see them, but I don’t lunge for the knob when they come on the radio either.

Is their music formulaic? Absolutely. But so is Fallout Boy and Good Charlotte which is kinda who I lump them in with. They however, don’t elicit the same venomous response as NB.

Is it the stupid haircut of the lead singer? Maybe...... but since I like the Cure, clearly Im no judge of fashion.

Please school me. They suck, though concise, is not instructive.

Thx

TimBay

No, I’m serious.

I mean I wouldn’t pay money to see them, but I don’t lunge for the knob when they come on the radio either.

Is their music formulaic? Absolutely. But so is Fallout Boy and Good Charlotte which is kinda who I lump them in with. They however, don’t elicit the same venomous response as NB.

Is it the stupid haircut of the lead singer? Maybe...... but since I like the Cure, clearly Im no judge of fashion.

Thx
See my post above. It's really just a fun trend. Most people, myself included, don't care. They've become the base example of bad music. Due to their meteoric rise of mediocre music? Maybe just how easy it is to say the name? WTF is a Nickleback?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
See my post above. It's really just a fun trend. Most people, myself included, don't care. They've become the base example of bad music. Due to their meteoric rise of mediocre music? Maybe just how easy it is to say the name? WTF is a Nickleback?
The 5th defense back on obvious passing plays. I was a Strong Safety in college and on Nickel I’d cover the slot receiver. ;)

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How long does it take to brew a batch? I'm old school and still using a superauto
Chemex is still just a regular pourover, it's just fancy and uses thicker glass to retain heat compared to cheaper copies. Chemex takes a little bit longer between pre-soaking filter, bloom, waiting for drip through... but you get more coffee than the Aeropress. I only got the Aeropress a few months ago, but probably use it the most now because it's quick enough and easy to clean. Hand grinding beans takes most of my time cause I ain't as cool as the automatic folks.

rick81721

Lothar

No, I’m serious.

Thx

I had to Google and listen to their biggest hits. Can honestly say I never heard any of their songs from start to finish before. Some sound like Nirvana, some sound like country rock. Wouldn't say they suck, just not for me.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Chemex is still just a regular pourover, it's just fancy and uses thicker glass to retain heat compared to cheaper copies. Chemex takes a little bit longer between pre-soaking filter, bloom, waiting for drip through... but you get more coffee than the Aeropress. I only got the Aeropress a few months ago, but probably use it the most now because it's quick enough and easy to clean. Hand grinding beans takes most of my time cause I ain't as cool as the automatic folks.

this ones pretty affordable, and iv had it for like 5 years now . . . . can recommend.
https://smile.amazon.com/Cuisinart-...inart+grinder&qid=1557838912&s=gateway&sr=8-3

no not conical burrs but for the price i cant complain.

qclabrat

The solution is Jimmy's battery powered drill trick. I instead use a power driver, as it spins slower. Which hand grinder are you using?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Now here's a band that truly sucks - awful!

1557839324639.png

yeah, they write stuff, and Rage Against the Machine covers it.....

Maybe you'll like something older with the same feeling about NYC -

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The solution is Jimmy's battery powered drill trick. I instead use a power driver, as it spins slower. Which hand grinder are you using?
Don't remember the brand, but it's small and ceramic burr. Perfect size for Aeropress or espresso machine. Need something bigger for cold brew or occasional French press.

We should probably leave this thread to questions for Norm though.

Top Bottom