bikes and beers in NJ

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Rookie.
Will see if I can get it approved and on calendar. I guess we could do it in 1:15 it would be ok.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rookie.
Will see if I can get it approved and on calendar. I guess we could do it in 1:15 it would be ok.

you can average 24mph on the road? for over an hour? id be impressed

But Flying Fish :thumbsdown:

not my favorite either, but then gotta do something to lead my friend to the light (he runs now, and just bought a bike to 'try it out' gotta lead him down the rabbit hole)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i looked at my crit laps, they are in the 25+ range - i was either 1st/2nd/3rd wheel just under an hour
couple years back on my caad8 i'm sure we can find a few people that bring sausage to the beer ride.

except the end, i got scared to sprint....

Last edited:

Mahnken

I got the ok from the wife. Signed up for 930.

@Patrick the 15 miler starts at 1030. I think we'll get to the beer sooner with the 30 Mile ride.

We could turn it into a fat bike ride and make a detour through black run preserve in the middle of the route.

Mahnken

didnt see this until just now, we did the 0900 ride, i had my mtbnj jersey on for the ride
That's alright, I didn't see any mtbnj jerseys. My morning was a little bit of a disaster. I left my house on bike, 5 miles in my phone flies out of my jersey at 30+ mph. I turn around to look for it and just as it connects to my watch, I see it get run over by a pick up truck on the other side of the road. The watch instantly says "disconnected". I race back home, grab my spare replacement phone that I never activated and throw the bike in the car. I get two blocks away from flying fish to realize I left my helmet at home. Turn around, grab my helmet and rush back. Realize I need WiFi to activate my phone and stop at a McDonalds. Activated the phone and got to flying fish at 1015. Did the thirty miles, had some beer and went home ?

Top Bottom